the Rift

A message on the wind. [Mirage & co.]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I MADE A THRONE FOR HOPE TO SIT.</style>

She came like a shadow, much like the day we had first met. Two years had passed between then, but the days did not seem to add to her calm, sleek exterior. It moved with eerie grace through the trees, meeting my own dark eyes with a smile on her face.

Golden eyes peered out ahead, like the sun in the middle of the forest.

I proffer my own smile, though it is heavy. An uneasy weight resting on my shoulders from the threat of invasion, the promised aid of my soldiers to the Grey, and the recent death of my beloved General, the loss of my family. My heart does not burst with joy it has known most of my life. Instead, it falters, riding uneasily on the edge of sorrow - a painful knife pressed into my arteries. Still, I express my gratitude in her presence with a mere nod, finding myself weary of harboring this challenge by myself. There were times in my home that I forgot my burden was not solely my own. In this land of Helovia, I still had friends to call upon. Friends. Mirage the Dragonheart would answer my call and I hers, for whatever end we would meet with each other.

I allow the small gesture of familiarity, the slight embrace and warm breath on my neck, as I return the act by a solemn version. I was not as worn with sorrow as the young mare at my side, draped in clouds, but we were a sorry sight for our friends of the Edge. Too long had we tried to withstand our grievances alone. I should be better and remember that a quick trip to the forests of the North is all that is required to land myself in the company of my beloved family, a second extension of my heart and a welcome joy to my eyes.

I notice an inky black stallion move from the trees as well, though his movements are subdued and respectful. I look toward him and offer a solemn nod, before turning my attention back to the mare who wore the crown of the World's Edge.

"Troubled times have befallen my home since we last met," I begin, not attempting to hold her in suspense for long. "I have been challenged repeatedly for my title by idiots, and recently, a stallion by the name of Tio has waltzed into our borders and warned us of his plans to invade. I am worried sister, for even a fool can wreck everything if luck falls on their side." I pause, taking a breath before continuing on. "I sought out the leaders of the Grey, as I know their soldiers to be for hire. I have committed my forces to aid them in what I assume to be an invasion of a land to avoid Tio taking advantage of their strengths. Judging by sheer numbers, I believe they are targeting the Foothills, though Ophelia told me little. I know you hold them to your heart as friends, but I cannot." My eyes look sorrowful, but I am far from yielding my home to Tio just to hold alliances of my friends in place. "I will not ask you to fight alongside the Grey and me, but I do not believe you would have even if I had asked." I smile at her, knowing that she holds her word in high regard.

"Invasion will be upon the Throat in time, and we are ill-prepared..." My voice drags and my dark eyes fall to the floor, my heart growing heavier in my chest, almost as if it were designed with lead. "Our honored General has fallen, and we are weaker without his strength." I look up, toward her golden eyes. "I hope that when war comes to the front lines of the Dragon's Throat I can continue to lean upon you for support, my old friend."

"There is also the issue of the Basin," I say, my eyes looking more fiery as I speak of it. "I had gone to the Basin to make a neutrality agreement with the Lady Psyche, but when I returned a stallion by the name of Valentine sought refuge in my home. He is a former member of the Northern land, and he spoke of a greater evil than the idiot Tio." My voice becomes very serious, dropping to a quieter tone as if I were afraid to mention the blasted thing. "Much like Adalwulf the Steadfast, Psyche is harboring a clan of racists. Valentine spoke of their plans to murder other species. Their home has long been offered only to unicorns, even under the reign of Mauja in this very forest. This is the cause."

"War will come to us all, Mirage, and when it does, our lives depend upon our ability to be ready."
""

[ Sorry for the wait.]

image by mandj98 @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
A message on the wind. [Mirage & co.] - by Kri - 02-09-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: A message on the wind. [Mirage & co.] - by Kri - 03-13-2013, 08:15 PM