the Rift

The Saddest Landscape. [Note]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

I sought refuge in the land I had fallen in love with upon my entry to Helovia. The night had come to the Dragon's Throat, painting the natural red of the soil with a purple tint, the light of the stars illuminating the territory well enough for me to see on this clear night. I had no interest in my desert home, however, for all of the worry which surrounded the barren land had left me with a bittersweet feeling within the boundaries of my home. Tio would not be successful, but the fact that he would invade my borders and put my family into danger in a foolish and failing attempt to capture my home tore into my heart. To watch them suffer at the hands of another, for another's selfish purposes, caused my chest to wrench painfully, and seeing their faces was enough to make me sigh with sadness.

I was irritated with the stallion, but not enough to call his scrawny ass out from the Wilds and skin him alive. Maybe, if I had some sort of blade... but all I had was the wind. I suppose, I could crush him under the weight of the air. Still, it was not truly Tio's fault that I worried. The Aurora Basin posed a future threat, should the unicorns become so bold as to try to eliminate the other races. If not the Basin, it would be another threat or another. Sitting at the helm of a herd was a stressful job, and the danger of my family was something which drove me nearly insane, even in the days of Isilme. Adalwulf and his equines had never come back to reclaim the Cliffs, but that small blessing was disrupted by the idiot demi-gods and their own hatred. My family was scattered, and now this was a threat that loomed above my head once more.

I will be damned before I allow another racist or idiotic asshole to capture my kin and bind them to chains of unhappiness. Let me give my life for them, as long as they are safe.

My wings are heavy on my sides as I fly north, toward the Foothills, away from the red of my home, forward still. The wind whistles by my ears in a soothing manner, trying to cheer me from this bitter mood. I could not help but feel as though I were being trapped in a cage of my own worries. The cycle would repeat again, another day. As long as I was Leader of the Tuuli, I would feel my heart beat for their sake. Even if I were replaced by another, my life would still belong to the family I had made. I would never exist for any other reason, as long as the were alive. This cage kept getting smaller, but there was no escape. I had decided my fate by extending my love, and I would be buried with it.

Seeing the peak rise in the distance, I launch my path upward, carrying me toward the line of clouds and shooting upward like a rocket. Ice crystals cling to my feathers, which I quickly dislodge once above the cloudscape. I fly onward, toward the small meadow which rested atop the mountain, covered with flowers in the dead of the night. Above, the full moon pours bright, milky light over all the surfaces, illuminating the world in silver and lavender. The lady of the night, who had granted my powers, was very aptly colored, I think with a smile, before landing gently upon the flowers. Perhaps, in the light of her moon, my mind would find the peace I sought.
""

[ Setting is the Heavenly Fields at night. Full moon, moderate temperature.
800 word max. 2 or 3 posts each + a closing defense, I'll let you decide. No magic, no companions.
I don't remember if you wanted OOC tips and critiques, or if this is just a regular practice spar. Let me know, I'm happy to teach if you want. ]

Messages In This Thread
The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Kri - 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Note - 02-10-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Note - 02-14-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Kri - 02-13-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Kri - 02-14-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Note - 02-16-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Note - 03-05-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Kri - 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Boom Boom - 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: The Saddest Landscape. [Note] - by Official - 09-06-2013, 11:21 AM