the Rift

Deadly Temptation [Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

Twigs scraped at his sides and legs as he moved away from the stallion, his heart racing as he recovered from the shock. He looked into the defiled waters, careful to keep his distance from them where his hooves could rest on solid ground. The eerie shrieks of birds sliced through the thick silence, the air humming with the dark energy that emanated from the ponds. The marsh was a deadly place, as Murdock had now discovered, and it was especially dangerous when one was caught in close quarters with someone who wanted to kill you; he had never been faced with such a predicament before, and his mind struggled to sort out his situation.

He watched the young hellhound carefully, unsure which of the two he was more frightened of. He had never seen such a creature before, and the pup both fascinated and terrified him; he wouldn’t want to run across it when it was an adult. Emerald eyes fixed the bay with a venomous glare, his wings pulling up against his sides as he backed a few steps away. He hardly imagined that the stallion would be content to sit and chat with such a ‘pathetic creature’, and so he was careful to put as much distance as he could manage between himself in the unicorn; he didn’t want to fight, but he wasn’t the type to turn and run in the face of danger. In the face of such an unpredictable stranger, he wouldn’t take any chances.

His ears flicked as the stranger began to speak, shifting his weight in the damp earth beneath his hooves. A dry smile formed on his lips as he listened, head tilting in realization. He should have guessed that the stallion was racist, rather than simply a cold-blooded murderer with the intention of slaying any who crossed his path, but the haze of the marsh was fogging his brain. He smiled slightly at the stallion’s compliment, though he knew it was hardly sincere. “Impressive, you and your friend working together so well.” He nodded toward the pup, eyeing its small horns and blood red markings.

His eyes narrowed suspiciously at the bay’s question, unsure if he wanted to provide the stallion with any details about himself; however, it seemed a relatively harmless piece of information to provide. “Usually, yes. I’m not often a victim of assault when simply out for a walk”. Though he was a member of The Grey, he had not yet befriended many of the members and so was left to wander alone. He was used to the solitude, though, and the simple companionship of his own active mind was enough to keep him entertained.

(ooc: No problem!)

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Deadly Temptation [Open] - by Murdock - 02-10-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Deadly Temptation [Open] - by d'Artagnan - 02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Deadly Temptation [Open] - by Murdock - 02-12-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: Deadly Temptation [Open] - by d'Artagnan - 02-19-2013, 08:04 AM
RE: Deadly Temptation [Open] - by Murdock - 02-20-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Deadly Temptation [Open] - by d'Artagnan - 02-23-2013, 07:40 PM