the Rift

On the brink of failure (earth god, open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Everything would die.

"Eventually, the life of all comes to a end.”

Nothing could last forever, and besides—who would want to live endlessly? Watching as your brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers withered away with war, disease and age. It was a terrible blessing to be immortal, but not a god. I had only met one other who bore the rumor of being an immortal child. His foal like body had very nearly rotted away, only magic kept it from spilling upon earth in a pool of black sludge.

No. It was better to be free to live your life fully and with every potential; then to dabble in a world were nothing came to an end. I would die. Eventually. When that day came, it was wholly believed that my spirit would live on. Running the skies of heaven and meditating with the great souls of times long past. It wasn’t a day that could be yearned for, only expected.

Who was I to decide when the journey of another came to a halt? I was nobody; a speck of dust in this great universe and a humble servant to my mighty lord. Though I fought when called to action, trained, even harbored magic and armor strong enough to kill. This soul was no killer, such deeds simply held no appeal on usual days. But since the attack, my desires changed daily; they became finicky, nearly unpredictable. Even Cera sensed that I had slowly become a ticking time bomb.

But…laying here, near my heavenly father. Everything felt like it should be. What words he said I would follow to the end, even if it caused discomfort. Because no matter how one looked at it my lord was right. This hatred was an easy thing for me to feel toward the blood demon. Love for him. No, I wouldn’t ever love him. Maybe, one day though, I could forgive him. Forgive his sinful nature against my family. Forgive the fact that he gave my son months of heartache—and by the act become a better person that was worthy of leading a child and worthy of standing at the right hoof side of my Sultana.

Understanding flickered. I realized what would have to be done, and it caused unsalable grief on the side that wished for nothing more than destruction. The only death I would achieve would be the death of that bitter anger; in order for ‘Midas’ to survive I would have to kill the beast which threatened him. My own unrestrained temper.

Not only would I have to find mercy, but I would also have to be strong enough to see my enemy through clear eyes unclouded by fury should he come to me again. I would have to forgive not once, but again and again. Because a mortal mind was a funny thing, we couldn’t just speak the words “I forgive you,” and then harbor resentment for the action every time a symbol sparked unwelcome memories. No, the mind would have to forgive each time I looked into Cera’s bright eyes and saw sorrow, each time I walked between the timbers of the forest. With each new war, I would have to forgive him. Would it ever become easy? Most likely not.

“The only thing that awaits you down the path of hatred is a cold, empty darkness.”

Quietly I answer my deity, “Emptiness is what I’ve felt hating him, it drains the soul and turns me sideways until I am weary of it. I have seen and felt this hate firsthand, and want nothing more to do with it.” Voice is stronger now that I knew my options and I knew what was to be expected of me. I was a directional sort of fellow, and he knew it….only point head toward the right path; and the body would follow.

“From this moment, and every day hereafter—I will choose to forgive him; and perhaps even set an example for others that are to come after me.” Moved by heartfelt emotion and gratitude for his wisdom I extend muzzle to brush tentatively brush across that dark strong neck. This moral frame was laughably smaller than he, my snout was so tiny in comparison to my father’s strong neck. Love blossoms warmly, the love of a devoted son, “Thank for much needed guidance father.”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the brink of failure (earth god, open) - by Midas - 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM