the Rift

The World has lost Her way again | Midas, Open
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

This elder appeared to have enough patience to tolerate my woes for at least a little. After I had spoken he stood by, thinking without much expression. Finally the man spoke, “Well now…” I wait, staring at him blankly wondering in the end—would it matter what anyone said? Could something like this be fixed, my soul felt no lighter sharing this information with said company. I give caution and forcefully quiet mind from thinking too far ahead, he hadn’t even spoken a reply and already my heart was shrinking away.

When words did come, ears leaned forward to listen and pick apart each sentence. He used two different possibilities to answer my sorrow, one that made the darkening in my heart quake with pleasure at the possibility that this side could be a permanent part of who I was. The other side, the one that my friends knew, shrank with fear at the possibility. This pale horse suggested that I take action, action against the creature that lay my heart across the ground. Instantly I wanted to add that I had been searching to do just that, yet my search had come up empty as the beast itself had been of emotion; but I said nothing, keeping voice in check behind slacked teeth.

"The real question is, what are you going to do about it?"

Mind whirled round with questions, but at least I wasn’t dizzy anymore from my fall. Legs uncurled, and found earth a little more reliable. After steadying myself, body rises slowly before straightening out. Wings shift back and forth, shaking grime from my feathers. Finally, after a moment more of consideration my voice rises to answer his advice and question, “I do not yet know my course or direction, but I do have questions. If this pure fury was part of my soul, then why do I struggle to accept it? My hunt for him has turned up empty and revenge has yet to be satisfied elder.”

A heavy sigh emerges and my head shakes along the poll and down to my withers to shake away the final pieces of earth that lingered, “For months I have looked, yet he appears as only a ghost in my dreams, the only proof of attack is in memories and the scar upon my child’s breast.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The World has lost Her way again | Midas, Open - by Midas - 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM