the Rift

A Dangerous Alliance [Ktu+Phaedra?]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Raising one brow at her answer, he thought for a moment, mulling over her refusal and coming up with an answer that would perhaps, turn it around to be at least hopeful. He wondered if maybe her answer was based on the fear of fighting family members, maybe she had loved ones in the Throat that she didn't want to harm, or worse- what if the throat was a place of emotional pain for her and she did not want to be reminded of such things? Tio had thought that his offer was beyond generous, but if she wasn't even going to compromise, then clearly he had been misled.

"What would you have of me, madam? I can build the greatest army in the land, but training soldiers takes time. I am old, I desire power not for the sake of my own greed but for the fact that I miss the responsibility of being in charge. I know that my presence here is as new as a stumbling newborn foal, which is why I need your help. If you wish not to help me, that is your choice. I would not dream of forcing you to help me. I just thought, that you would at least humor me. I open to haggling, especially if there are loved ones involved. If such close ones do exist in the throat, I can assure their safety, if you wish it."

"If you are so set on your refusal, and there is nothing I can say that would convince you to change your mind then I will leave and not waste any more of your time. Good day, miss." As the dun stud spoke, a little of his southern charm broke through as his accent changed, weakening to resemble that of a faint Tennessean strain. The dun was in fact, charming. The tone he employed was respectful, disappointed, yes, but no more than he should be. He was not spiteful or violent, keeping a tight hold on the fury that usually always raged beneath the surface. Everything about his future as a Sultan depended on his mannerisms right now, he wasn't about to blow it by being rude.

With that, the stallion turned and began to step away from the clearing, walking slow in case she called him back. When he was about to disappear, he turned back to look at her with a smile. "Of course... I'm leaving without even telling you the best part, or whatever else I could offer you. My offer will always stand, Ktu. Should you decide to change your mind, you need only to send one of your messengers after me. I will answer you.... Everytime." With that, he turned once again to leave. He hoped, if he left with those words, she would change her mind quickly enough to call him back out of curiosity. It was a gamble, but it was worth a try.

Ktulu, played by Blu
Still open

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Dangerous Alliance [Ktu+Phaedra?] - by Catillatio - 02-13-2013, 05:54 AM