the Rift

[COMPLETE] Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The look of fire in her eyes grew strong. But I did not allow them to smother me, not now, not ever. I followed her command for good reason, but I would not allow her to break me. Her tactics were ruthless, preying on a weakness that she thought she knew. My heart pumped steady beneath my breast and the adrenaline coursed through my veins. I would not tire just yet. I may be large but that did not mean that my resolve would let me waver when the sheer force of fatigue started working its way into my muscles. She thrust into me, using my strength to gain leverage before spiraling away. I was able to catch her chest beneath a heel, but the feeling was not enough to satisfy the growing urge to excel. It was a blackness that came over me, sheer will that forced me from the pain and into action once more. I was still a threat, I wasn’t about to give her satisfaction so easily.

I could not rid myself of her for she was always pressing me, crowding me, and a guttural growl escaped my lips. This day was sitting on a fine line between fun and games and responsibility. I felt alive on the battle grounds but I knew that there was much more riding on my success. Her footfall behind me had slowed, skipped, and alerted me to the pain I’d inflicted. A small smile forced its way to my lips. I didn’t want to be proud about landing a decent blow because of the Leader on which it had landed, but this, this was a small victory for me.

However, as I knew, she didn’t let me bask in my glory for long. She was racing beside my left quarters again but this time I planned for her to find error in her strategy. I could count the uneven beating of her gait now and turned an eye towards her at my stomach. She shined, a true warrior’s gaze resting fully within those golden eyes. I threw my head up and pushed my weight to the right, my body careening from the sudden change, almost setting me off balance. The squelching of hoof on stone made me turn. She had risen, aiming to loop a leg across my back in order to balance herself for the blows that would soon follow. The feeling of the small mare reaching up to my shoulder made me flinch away, though the wound was still glanced by a powerful heel. I was ready and waiting for the second strike but instinct spoke to my tender nerves, protesting against the pain she caused and I threw myself into her stomach, hoping dismounting her in a rush.

I was sure that the sudden weight upon her wounded leg would make her gasp, distraction enough for me to turn back into her right side and reach for her neck with incisors eager for her flesh. I wanted to clamp the swollen hide between my teeth and pull, only this time I longed to succeed. Once I had pulled away, I took a frivolous attempt at her font end once more with my left front hoof. It was hard to ignore the stretching of bruised skin along my shoulder but I raised it nonetheless. Coming back down, I threw my weight into the leg itself hoping to strike her front right cannon. I felt it only fair that she understood my pain. When I withdrew from her I realized just how tender my shoulder had gotten. The pain was spreading from a small central location to reach up and flick flames of agony into my back.

Moments ticked by while I tried to adjust to the aching from my shoulder. I brought both blades together and gathered myself once again, gearing up for the onslaught of mastery Mirage displayed. Forcing my legs into motion, I flung myself around in order to face her, eyes hard and wanting; yearning to gain knowledge of her next attack. I had hoped more than anything to gain much from her teaching and found solace in the understanding that I had not yet given up. I could not give up my chance at becoming Captain so easily. She had plucked me from the Threshold, surely unaware of my ambitions. I had been brought from timid mindfulness into this world of perseverance and determination. I would not deny my own courage a fight when it was standing right in front of me. My stomach swelled with the intake of breath as I waited, trying to count the seconds before she was flying at me once again, ready to test my sanity as it stood on the brink before her.

Word Count: 795
3/4 attack posts.
Summary: Thor leans away from Mirage when she comes up on his left side before realizing that Mirage had taken the opening to mount his shoulder. He takes most of the first hit but throws himself into her belly in order to dislodge her. When she is back on the ground he reaches over try and bite at the right side of her neck before lifting his front left hoof and trying to smash into her front right cannon. He then moves away from her and turns to face her in order to ready himself for her next attack.
Ooc: Well, I tried to make it clearer… Just let me know what errors you saw. I’m definitely trying to use your tips. Thank you Whit. :)
< /td>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-12-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Thor - 02-13-2013, 02:02 AM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-13-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Thor - 02-13-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Thor - 02-14-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-15-2013, 06:05 AM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Thor - 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Mirage - 02-16-2013, 07:54 AM
RE: Our worth in Gold [Mirage/Spar] - by Official - 02-17-2013, 11:21 AM