the Rift

[complete] Smash the Floor [open spar]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The charge her body held as Ampere’s hoof collided with her shoulder did not jump; instead, the alabaster mare received a smarting bruise and the static grounded through her system into the non-conducting mirk. Ophelia felt her jaws scrape against black hide, pinching but not tearing the flesh free. She did not have enough force to do so from the angle at which she craned over the top of her opponent’s hip. The bitter taste of blood filled her lips and movement caused her to finally release, the crimson liquid dripping down her pale coat, staining the white fur. She did not know how to feel about causing this type of harm, but Ampere’s attitude made it easier. Instead of responding with self-pity, Ophelia could almost see the blue and black mare burst at the seams with rage. Breaths later, Ophelia tilted her head, aiming to catch Ampere with her horn, but the mare turned and moved so quickly. Now, facing her opponent, she was already prepared when Ampere lunged toward her left side.

Unfortunately, anatomy was limiting. Her horn could not protect the entire left side of her body, and her height proved to be a large disadvantage. Ophelia felt her horn catch in feathers and membrane just as Ampere’s shoulder collided into her side. The icy princess spread her legs as wide as she could to balance herself, but the sheer force sent her sliding into a nearby, rotted tree. One of her hooves caught on something rope-like in the thick grime, and she felt her hindquarters fall onto one of the tree’s roots that clung desperately to a half-way solid bank. Ophelia quickly braced her hind, right leg against the root, using it as leverage to stand against while she regained her balance, but her entire right hip ached from getting smashed. She grunted slightly, wishing she had time to stretch out the screaming muscle, but no; she had wasted enough trying to catch her balance.

All the while, Ophelia knew she needed an edge, something, at least to keep her from getting mauled as she recovered her limbs, but Tinek was occupied. Ophelia, using her hind, right leg against the root and bank as a way to keep her grounded, she threw her body to the left, trying to face her opponent instead of leaving her entire left side open. The alabaster mare lifted her chin, hoping that Ampere would come crashing down on her horn first. Ophelia braced against her back legs with a short cry and try to lift her body, tucking her chin simultaneously. Instead of Ampere’s hooves hitting her face, they tumbled against her chest, scraping off hair and one of them leaving a thick, painful gash. Would her horn do any damage? Curiously she wondered how much she had saved herself from further damage to her left shoulder… The attempted bite aimed wide of her face, and Ophelia had to get out from behind the tree, cornered as she was. Eyes danced from left to right, but she could see not escape that would not leave either her injured left shoulder or her squashed right hip completely open to attack.

Tinek was thoroughly surprised by what his frost did to Ampere’s shock dragon. Instead of freezing it like everything else, he had turned it into a monster! The charge went zooming by, uncontrolled, and hit a nearby tree. He barely escaped its wrath, but his tail was now sporting a shock burn that left thick, black scorch marks along the scales and a bloody patch where it had taken some of the silver plates off entirely. Ophelia waited below for him, cornered, so he tried to shake his confusion as he dived down, tucking his wings to his side to gain momentum. Tinek swooped up and landed briefly on Ophelia’s crown, opening his jaws wide with no hesitation and letting loose a blast of shock.

Ophelia took advantage of the moment, turned to the right and lunged out from behind the tree, spinning to face Ampere and see if Tinek had managed to distract the mare long enough to regroup. She limped on her hind, red leg. The mare was missing hair and bleeding from tiny pinpricks of bark that had lodged into her flesh. She hurt.

[OOC: (716 words) - (2/3) - (2 companion uses used)
Made sense to me! :D ]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ophelia - 02-15-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ampere - 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ophelia - 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ampere - 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ophelia - 03-30-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ampere - 04-02-2013, 02:44 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ophelia - 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Ampere - 04-15-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: Smash the Floor [open spar] - by Official - 04-19-2013, 05:15 PM