the Rift

Distraction at its Best

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

The heat of midday was starting to make her head a bit hazy and she started to relax under its relentless encouragement. Her eyes seemed to swell and narrow into mere slits as tender lids began to fall across her vision. She felt comfortable with him; she was so seemingly at ease with his company that she hardly noticed as she moved into his side to lean her muzzle into his broad neck. “If you do not mind…” Her words were quiet as if she had suddenly lost that glimmering part of herself that exuded confidence and greed. Was she not so similar to him? The soft greenery seemed to slip by them as they made their way through the forest and while the beauty of it was nearly enchanting she took no time to realize it. Instead she used his shoulder as guidance as she pressed into his shoulder.

She knew that she needed no one to care for her and she felt confident in her own abilities but this was different. She had no trouble trusting him, no trouble finding warmth within her cold heart. Had it been his acceptance that brought her so close to his soul? He was surely no broken thing and certainly not lost. She enjoyed using his strength and ease of mind to relax her own thoughts. There was no more running to be had and she knew it. Whatever problems she stood to face now would be here in the Foothills, here by his side.

I find much in you despite the lack of words shared. You have shown me much more in this time than many have been able to share in months. You are selfless and understanding, qualities that I had almost forgotten until today.” She pulled away from the groove between shoulder and nape to look at him now, pausing in their ascent as she did. “You wish to end war which would be something that is not easily accomplished but something that is not self-contained. Had you longed for great wealth and solid position I would have empathized, but you didn’t. You chose to sacrifice glory and fame for honor.

Her eyes grew hard with the passing breeze and something in her seemed to light in the heat of the day. “But my judgments are my own and I hope you understand that.” She looked away briefly now contemplating a low hanging branch at her side as if it were a miraculous work of art. A bystander would have been confused by such a statement but her thoughts seemed to process it well enough. She was free to make judgments of her own and she felt that she didn’t need anyone telling her otherwise. When her eyes swung back around there was a faint reminder of the softened girl still resting inside their depths but it had appeared that she was once again lost to whatever selfish ambitions brewed within her beautiful skull.

She weakened in his presence, forgetting just how long she had relied on her own sense of self and while Argetlam had done nothing but remind her of her own brash verdicts, a pulsing agony to redeem herself came rushing to the forefront. He would be lucky to find understanding in her words but she felt as if they did not need justification and instead she pressed forward. “On a brighter note, I must know who leads the Hills. You’ve yet to mention a name.” Again a brilliant smile parted her charred lips. The boy would be lucky to get away without suffering from Ailith’s emotional whiplash, but there was no teaching an old dog new tricks, especially if they were as self-absorbed as the sandy colored mare before him.

Messages In This Thread
Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-13-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-14-2013, 12:29 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-14-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-14-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-15-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM