the Rift

Distraction at its Best

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

She listened as if the words he spoke were going to evaporate at any moment. She feared the worst because as he went on the dismal outlook of the Foothills was becoming all too evident. Her heart began to pound at the idea of being completely helpless. She had only met this stallion a mere few hours ago and yet she felt that he was her only hope. Soaking up his warmth for a moment more, she moved into the shade of a large oak. It looked to be the last of its kind standing amongst the barren hills and somehow she felt that the metaphor suited them perfectly. Argetlam was loyal to these lands even when all others had turned tail to run. She decided that she wouldn’t leave his side in this time of need because she felt an ominous brooding in the air. Something was going on, even if they couldn’t see it at eye level. But Argetlam was pressing onwards, moving past the turmoil to debate the brighter side, such as their friendship. She was glad to find a confidante in him because he made her feel at ease. No matter where they went beyond that day, she would always carry him in her heart.

We will remedy whatever gets in our way. I see that kind of worth in you.” Her smile seemed to curve only slightly now as she thought about the many things he had told her. No lead, no nurse, no shadow, no storyteller and yet they were still picking off even those warriors amongst their ranks? What in the hell was going on? She could see where others would find loopholes in their structure but all they needed was a little time to regroup… but of course they wouldn’t be given that kind of courtesy when a prime herd land was at stake.

Then we must fight it. We must find something to use against those who find us weak. You may not believe in war my friend, but now that is it upon our door, how do you plan to respond to it?” Her gaze seemed to drift off into the distance while she pondered. There was so much to debate. Without a lead there was no possibility of promotion and without a Shadow they were just sitting ducks, waiting to be plucked at a moment’s whim. She moved from the shade and began to meander through the trees again seeking refuge from the heat. She felt as if she needed a little time to let everything soak in and so she turned to gaze into Argetlam’s welcoming face. Trusted friend he was, but sometimes she needed a bit of time to think to herself. Maybe there was an answer for this and maybe there was way to avoid the inevitable, but she decided that it would be best for the two to part ways until she had had time to cool off.

After all, this was a time when everyone’s heart was set to racing, not just hers. She turned and elegant face towards him before bowing slightly. “I plan to rest the next couple of days to recuperate from my travels but we must find out where we stand before everything is taken from us, not just Willow and Romani.” Her eyes spoke volumes because in her heart she didn’t want to leave but her limbs grew stiff with weariness and she was more than ready to lie down for a few hours of rest. She looked off into the dunes one last time before asking, “Would you like to accompany me?” She guessed it wouldn’t be that much of shock due to her sense of worry and perhaps she didn’t need as much alone time as she thought… maybe she needed the company to keep her sane.

OOC | I'm going to go ahead and close this because I'm getting swamped with posts but I'll still be replying in the Herd Meeting.

Messages In This Thread
Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-13-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-14-2013, 12:29 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-14-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-14-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-15-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Argetlam - 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Distraction at its Best - by Ailith - 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM