the Rift

With Hearts Cast Down [Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The rosy blush of sunset was slowly swallowed by the falling net of darkness, the moon’s chalky face replacing that of the sun as it rose into the heavens. Millions of stars appeared in the sea of black, their glittering eyes shimmering like crystals in the sky. Thin ribbons of colour began to dance above the distant mountains, the sapphire aurora curling and spinning like lace. Their shadows had disappeared with the falling sun, put to sleep by music of the wind as it whispered across the icy steppe. The temperature began to drop in the absence of the sunlight, and Murdock fluffed his downy feathers against his body for warmth.

He held her gaze, nodding slightly to show that he understood. It pained him to hear of the sacrifices she was willing to make, but he understood that circumstances in the Basin were much stricter than what he was used to. As an outcast, he had no scruples to acknowledge and no commander to answer to; he was free beyond his wildest dreams and it was both wonderful and lonely at once. It saddened him that they were separated by such a fissure of rank, but there was little he could do to change that. He was unaware of her association with the Plague, and in fact unaware of the Plague itself. He knew racism was bred and thrived in the north, but he had not yet been introduced to the heart of the darkness.

He smiled at her, feeling the warmth of her breath against his shoulder as she spoke. “I understand. I’ll always be here for you, though, should you need me.” His promise was softly spoken and sincere, the least he could offer her with the hope it would provide her with some consolidation. He hated the pain that he saw in her eyes, and wished that he could permanently erase the darkness from her gaze. If the Basin was where she wanted to be, where she felt at home, then he would not persuade her from her family. Given the harshness of their beliefs, he hardly imagined it would be a pleasant place to stay, yet he had no personal experience to back his theory.

“You are happy there?” He asked softly, turning his head toward the sheltering sides of the mountains. He loved the comforting bite of the cold, and it reminded him of the home he had left behind. The sharp grey edges of the cliffs resembled those he had grown up on, and those he had been taken prisoner on. He wondered if he would ever find a new family to become a part of, and then maybe he would finally feel at home in Helovia. No matter what the future held for him, he would always find comfort in the presence of the black mare, whether it was forbidden by her herd or not.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-12-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Murdock - 02-12-2013, 02:30 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-13-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Murdock - 02-14-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-15-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Murdock - 02-15-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: With Hearts Cast Down [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-16-2013, 12:51 AM