the Rift

Edge of the Forest [Romani/Grey]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani’s azure eyes watched with pure fascination as Tinek sped through the skies, landing merely a few paces in front of where Kasai had stood stationary. The young tigress tilted her head with genuine curiosity, her icy blue orbs captivated by every move that the silver dragon made. Romani couldn’t help but chuckle under her breath as Kasai took a tentative step forward, the black tip of her tail beginning to twitch to and fro. The cub’s neck stretched out, nose and whiskers twitching as she took in the dragon’s strange scent, eyes lingering on the wings of the mythical creature.

Oh, Kasai would never harm Tinek, that was for certain… Romani just knew that her beloved companion had a strange curiosity about wings that had developed since meeting Levi. Giving Ophelia s mile, the Haflinger tilted her head slightly.

“Her name is Kasai.” She stated, dipping her head. She sent Tinek’s name to her bonded through their internal bond, whispering ’Tinek’ towards the cub. Still young as she was, it would be some time before the striped creature was anywhere towards mind-speech, but that didn’t stop Romani from simply keeping her companion educated. “And she’s quite fond of wings.” Her softly spoken words ended with a gentle chuckle.

As Ophelia led her further into the thicket of trees of the Deep Forest, Romani remained vigilant, picking her path carefully due to her pregnant state. Only once before had she ventured to these very woods, simply wanting to explore Helovia, but now… Her reasons were very different, it seemed. When the alabaster mare began to speak up once more, the warrior’s ears swiveled forward, truly curious as to what she meant.

“What do you mean?” She asked, her voice taking on a suspicious note. What, indeed? Ophelia said that she had to remain in the forest, with the Grey, away from her friends and family. Away from Nayati and her beloved Xanthos. No, no, that wasn’t right at all… And so close to her due-date! “You mean to say that you’re holding me prisoner?” The words were accusing, and Romani paused in her steps, regarding Ophelia with a bit more distrust than she previously had. Her lips pursed slightly in frustration, ears tipping back only faintly.

Xanthos could visit her at any time, she noted, but that wouldn’t be enough… Romani was a wandering soul, a gypsy, and fiercely devoted to her herd and family. She couldn’t just stay in the Forest while only Gods-knew-what went on outside this very thicket of trees. Ophelia had seemed so sweet, so kind… Surely there was more to this than she was letting on. Briefly she thought of trying to make an escape, but in her current state that would be physically impossible. There was no way that the pregnant Haflinger would endanger Xanthos’ child like that…

“Ophelia, I… I’m afraid that don’t understand. I know of your band, the Grey, but tell me more. Why, exactly, will you be holding me here? You must have something planned, something to rid me of your way…” Fears circled the confusion in her head, wondering just what the crimson-tressed mare in front of her had planned. Her worry was of her home, the Foothills, and those that lived there. And her poor little Nayati… She could only hope that Xanthos would keep the peppered filly safe.

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Edge of the Forest [Romani/Grey] - by Ophelia - 02-12-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Edge of the Forest [Romani/Grey] - by Romani - 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Edge of the Forest [Romani/Grey] - by Ophelia - 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: Edge of the Forest [Romani/Grey] - by Romani - 02-24-2013, 02:47 PM