the Rift

Acceptance || Kri

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

Gaucho. I smirk, having heard this name entirely too often as of late. I cannot recall speaking to the stallion myself, but perhaps I would be thanking him shortly for all that he has done for my herd thus far. Posing a challenge to my warriors, bringing home those of capable body, and restoring life in a land that was paralyzed by the death of our General and the threat of foreign invasion. Yes, I would definitely have to commend this soldier in his marvelous contributions to my home. If any deserved a pat on the back lately, it was the large bay I had yet to speak with.

My eyes remain dark, even as the light escapes farther from our reach, bleeding out onto the horizon in the last moments of the day. I watch it with quiet serenity, turning my attention from the buckskin to watch it, yet still having an ear cocked in her direction to capture her words and allow her to know that I am hardly ignoring her. We as a pair seem to slip into a companionable silence, and I allow for it. The days have been long and hard in the fall of my brother, and it is in these quiet moments that my heart seems to quiver with grief. Still, it is not uncomfortable, nor do I hate the feeling of this sadness. I welcome the dark feeling of death, knowing that my ability to feel this emotion proves how strongly I was tied to that amazing creature. We were family, Azzuen and I.

The words which fall from her lips seem to cling to the apparent image of the colors spreading across the desert floor and sky. Without hindrance of trees or mountains, the horizon was one bouquet of color. It was the sky which I fell in love with in this land, the desert many found unpleasant. When you see the sun dip below the horizon, however, painting every inch of the crimson floor with vibrant life, reflecting it back into the sky in a rainbow of life, there is something within the heart that stirs. The same ties which had bound me to Azzuen, the ties of love. "It grows more so with each passing day," I say, a smile in response to her words. "I look forward to seeing you learn that truth."

With the small offer of acceptance, I nod to her, taking my hooves to motion and propelling myself forward, my wings opening to catch the wind which races behind me with sudden excitement. I pull it along in order to sail on the graceful waves, rising into the sky and flying toward the sunset. I had never won a race against the sun, but maybe someday I will be fast enough.

[ Kri out. xP ]
""

COMMANDER</style>
the</style>
i will give your heart a place to rest when everything you have has turned and left.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Acceptance || Kri - by Avalon - 02-12-2013, 06:25 PM
RE: Acceptance || Kri - by Kri - 02-14-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Acceptance || Kri - by Avalon - 02-17-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: Acceptance || Kri - by Kri - 02-22-2013, 12:30 PM