the Rift

joining, sumati, aryel, healer, open

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

"Maybe." she answered. "I haven't seen him around much recently, but we tend to wander a lot anyway." Wingbeats, as well as Oras pressing himself against her own wing, heralded the arrival of their Chancellor. She had to bite her lip to keep from grinning as Oras stayed pressed to her side like a shy foal. Which he really was, she reflected. She felt another pang of pity for the child that had been abandoned so young. Sumati seemed able to defuse the situation, though, speaking with a soft, gentle voice. Aryel had caught her covert glance towards his horn, but she seemed not to mind at all, which was an enormous relief for the blue roan. "I'm grateful for the welcome, Chancellor." she said with a slight bob of her head. Her expression fell slightly as she began to explain why such someone his age was without any guardians. "I found Oras at the Threshold along with a mute stallion trying to console him." she said. "His mother abandoned him, but not before giving him a few parting injuries, as you can see. I'm going to be looking out for him from now on." She turned her head to regard Oras. "If you'd like that, that is."

Still, inside she worried she wouldn't be able to give him the level of care he needed. She wanted to take care of him, she really did, but she didn't know the first thing about children. Even as a filly herself, she had been more concerned with running wild and sparring with the colts than playing gentler games with the other girls, and her mother's attempts at educating her about rearing children tended to end as soon as she got bored and ran off. Was he even old enough to graze? Would it be awkward to ask? There were no lactating mares in the Throat as far she knew, which could pose a problem as young as he was. Aryel fought down her blossoming panic before it could become noticeable and tried to regain her calm exterior. She would take it one step at a time, right?

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
joining, sumati, aryel, healer, open - by Oras - 02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: joining, sumati, aryel, open - by Aryel - 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: joining, sumati, aryel, healer, open - by Oras - 02-14-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: joining, sumati, aryel, healer, open - by Sumati - 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: joining, sumati, aryel, healer, open - by Aryel - 02-14-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: joining, sumati, aryel, healer, open - by Oras - 02-16-2013, 04:19 AM
RE: joining, sumati, aryel, healer, open - by Sumati - 02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: joining, sumati, aryel, healer, open - by Oras - 03-01-2013, 02:05 AM