the Rift

[complete] A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

Walking through the trees of the Edge, I was very uncomfortable. There was one thing that I truly loved about my desert home, and that was the endless expanse of the sky. Long ago, in the beginning of my journeys here in Helovia, I had spoken of the ties of the land. The land could be broken and separated, filtered by ties and treaties, alliances, and guarded by warriors. The only kingdom that was not ruled by any was that of the sky. Unbreakable, endless, and free, the sky reigned above the world with quiet superiority. As a creature of the wind, I am the follower of the sky. My feathers itch for its soft embrace, which holds you securely let allows you the freedom of movement that the ground would restrain you in. The limbs of the trees which stretch over my head as we walk make me feel confined, trapped, and it is a god send when the mists clear, the darkness dissipates, and I am able to see forward, into the clear expanse of the blue sky decorated lovingly with clouds.

The sun above shines down with the ethereal light, softly in this day, blessing us with a beautiful summer day instead of one that was brutally warm. I smile with bliss as the wind touches my face. I am barely aware of the presence of Vikram until he speaks, and my dark eyes snap open to look at him. Instead of the serene mask that was worn on my face, now it is replaced with a fiery light of passion. Known for my temper, perhaps, but I think a better word to describe my behavior is passionate. I threw my entire being into my feelings, and I would not allow others to put forth half the heart and scoff at my behavior because I believe more strongly in myself than they do in any one thing on this earth. It is unfair, and more realistically, it is saddening.

The fire in my eyes burns as I smile at him now, a dangerous look taking over my face as I move without much hesitation forward. "I would save your thanks for after the battle, if you still appreciate my help," I say, a smirk on my lips now. Vikram is large, well defended with his many scales and natural armor, but I am not afraid. Just as I had faced the Steadfast with his hellbeast of a dragon without fear, I would face this ally without any more thought than I would give a shetland pony. An opponent is an opponent, and any opponent can be defeated if you are able to overcome your hesitations and doubt long enough to figure out the correct strategy.

I am not hesitant, nor am I ever doubtful about my own ability. This dragon is going to lose, or I am going to make him work his little bronze hiney off trying to win. If he wanted to be a Captain, he would have to prove it.

My muscles bunch and unfurl, my body moving forward in a fast charge, my smaller frame coming after the giant with enthusiasm, my neck curling to tuck my head close to my chest, swerving toward the left, weight hurdling toward the right shoulder joint of the massive hybrid, the differences in our heights being one of large consequence I had never before experienced. Despite the fact that I was small, Vikram might find that my small compact body would make a rather forceful impact from the beginning, a warning that while he could rest on his natural gifts of strength, I had trained it into my small frame. In anticipation of teeth stretching out after me, my long tail whips up from behind, racing up and left toward the face of the dragon, my body moving forward, aiming to slide past him after the possible blow of my shoulder, a cowkick swinging out toward his right front leg or shoulder as I dart by, the wind rushing behind me as my wings open in a beautiful array of soft chocolate feathers.

With a powerful beat of my wings, my hooves begin to lift from the clearing, attempting to break from this area of the skirmish and sail out toward the open air that follows the drop of the cliff. I am more comfortable in the air, with the wind at my back.
""

[ WC: 766; 1/4?; 0/2 magic

edit; Forgot to specify Kri will be using BULK and DANCE as her buffs. :P ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 03-15-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 04-05-2013, 01:43 AM
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 04-24-2013, 04:19 PM