the Rift

[complete] A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

The force of a shoulder pounding into my side came sooner than expected, and my body lurches slightly off target from my intended path. I am pushed farther left, my hooves skidding upon the ground awkwardly and I nearly trip, barely finding a grip upon the loam of the forest in my hurry; the flair of my left wing also helps steady my frame as I continue forward. Most importantly, it is my resolve which keeps me afloat in this dangerous company, and I move as if the slip of footing had been all intentional, nothing but a hiccup in my movements. It is in my focus to keep upright and in my attacks that I do not notice the initial pain. The slow growth of it is strange, like a blush of the cheeks, radiating out from my shoulder where we had collided, one that I feel with stronger intensity with each cycle of my legs.

Pain eventually plateaus, though, and as soon as I am lifted from this earth, my shoulder will only feel the pulse from the occasional strain of my wings. Tomorrow, I would deal with the bruise, but for today, I would strictly ignore it by gritting my teeth and swallowing my weakness. There was no time for it today.

I am quite confused by my opponents tactics, for before I lift my legs from the earth to kick out at his right side, I can see his leg stick out awkwardly, far from my path now that I have been moved by his bulk further toward the left, the tips of my wing brushing uncomfortably against the copse of trees which surrounds us on my left side, but also his massive tail, as if he is giving me a prelude to his plans before I am even within a position for them to be effective. I do not mind much for his foolishness will be my gain. Instead, I just smile to myself, using my body's momentum as my hooves hit the dirt after their meeting with the flesh of my opponent to propel myself up and onward, robbed of the luxury of a gentle take off with these new hurdles. I force my figure into the air, leaping upward and flapping my wings harshly, accompanied by a surge of fresh winds tied to me with invisible strings, to force my body swiftly upward in altitude folding my front legs sharply underneath me, tucking them in tight for the squeeze over the tail of the dragon.

In my launch, it was quite possible the right wing of my body could batter the side or wing of the great dragon, but I could not tell. All I was aware of was that my body cleared its obstacle, free from the pointed edge of the spiked tail. Bunching my back legs close to my stomach, I punch backward with them, toward that same meaty tail, perhaps using it as an additional launchpad for faster acceleration, but more trying to keep that damned dagger from my belly. The last thing I wanted was my entrails spewed across the floor as my skeleton floated away from them on brilliantly crafted wings. While I need not fear this creature, for he is my ally at heart, I still may not rest. This fight was not one born for practice, this was a challenge. There was no room for mistakes made commonly, nor any leeway for errors I had made when I was younger.

I was not the same foolish mare who faced the Crimson Cliffs alone. I had grown. I had become stronger. I am a creature worth respect, and I will not yield to Vikram so easily. I will teach him the strength required of a protector.

I continue to rise in altitude, bringing my figure closer to the sun with a strong wing beats and the wind rushing behind me, sailing outward toward the drop off of the World's Edge. The beast could stay on the ground if he wanted, but I would not. There was no easier target for a pegasus than one on the ground, and, besides, I have much more fun in the air, when I am not caged to the ground like some pathetic animal.
""

[ WC: 738; 2/4; 0/2 magic ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 03-15-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 04-05-2013, 01:43 AM
RE: A Step Toward Responsibility [Kri] - by Kri - 04-24-2013, 04:19 PM