the Rift

Parched [Vikram]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The heavy silence that followed her query weighed down heavily upon her, her eyes longed to flutter shut as a small seed of doubt was planted. But determinedly she allowed the fire of purpose to disintegrate the seed before it had time to take root, extinguishing the remains with more grit and resolve. Her eyes burned with that purpose, as they clutched onto the equally vibrant eyes of Vikram, her entire form seemed abuzz with a new energy, as suddenly the mare found an ambition to direct her life to a path she might not have previously entertained.

The inky maiden saw it, the understanding, the acceptance, the question, all before they were spoken. She could read his silence as simply as though his thoughts were shouting the words in her own mind. Only, it was not him, but her own thoughts that posed the questions, just before his deep rumbles vocalised the same thing. So you have named our herd. Came Akaith’s amused comment, as the dragon was rounding closer to them again, Mirage detected the plump rabbit she had managed to find being clutched in her jaws and claws.

Do you approve, my dear?

Though Mirage did not directly consult her dragon upon the whole decision, Akaith was ever-present on the runnings of Mirage’s thought patterns, and that she had not interrupted them, but probably, in her own subtle way, orchestrated them to suit her own ideals, was approval and acceptance enough. You know I do. The shadowy mare had to wonder whether everything she did was on the whim of her dragon, so smug and seemingly all-knowing that the little queen seemed to be. A small chirrup sounded across the pond, muffled by the kill in her mouth, as the dragon returned.

Akaith landed upon the back of her beloved with ease, draping the rabbit over the small of Mirage’s back, before settling back on her haunches, not wanting to disturb the exchange by making the stallion eat when he was likely to need his mouth for communicating. No, the kill could wait. If the dead rabbit bothered the mare, she didn’t show it. Vikram nodded his head then, and a knot of tension was released within her, unawares that she had been holding onto his every word, seeking his approval. She was shocked to realise that had he offered rejection instead of acceptance, she would have dropped the plan altogether.

But he accepted, and the simple, undulating happiness that quaked within her pulled at the smile upon her lips, lighting up her entire façade into a palette of raw and colourful emotion. His question did crimp her brow with thought, for she took it seriously; but no doubt reared its indecisive head at her this time, no dark sense of scepticism at her own abilities – she was ready for this. Conveying this, she felt herself step closer to him, their gazes separated by mere breaths, the intimacy of the scene fitting for the proclamation she uttered in a voice that never wavered.

“Yes. I will lead those who choose me as their Leader, those who seek direction, protection. I can do this.

Messages In This Thread
Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-09-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-12-2012, 02:40 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-12-2012, 05:27 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-14-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-16-2012, 07:03 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-18-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-19-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-19-2012, 05:13 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-20-2012, 06:40 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Vikram - 07-24-2012, 03:30 AM
RE: Parched [Vikram] - by Mirage - 07-24-2012, 05:47 AM