the Rift

Hatching [Tares]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

trust your heart if the
seas catch fire

She offered her name, presenting herself as Tares. The calling unfortunately hadn't rung any bells, and therefore the roan dame's curiosity remained perpetually unsated. "I am glad to make your acquaintance." She averred with a dip of her head, deciding to take her up on the rendition to sit. She assumed position by Tares at a respectable distance, not desiring to smother her but remained in close enough proximity that she could still reach her. She listened attentively as she provided an answer to Cass's question, her gracile head tilted ever slightly with evident concern as the mare's gaze soon shifted to the earth below.

She extended a fledged wing toward the mare with her head bowed gravely, visual contact between them momentarily severed as Tares fought to repel the sovereign upsurge of emotions which the words she spoke had clearly elicited within her. In a compassionate, heartening gesture she touched her massive wing atop the humble curvature of her back, careful to avoid her flaming appendages.

The motion was executed in an idle attempt to ease the heroine's sorrow, though she knew it would likely prove futile. Hopefully she would appreciate it none the less. "I am sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a loved one." Her melodic voice was gentle, consolatory. In complete honesty, she had never experienced the plight firsthand, but it always pained her to see Azzuen in a state of grief as he had been recently with the demise of his brother. It caused her own heart to ache to see him in such a vulnerable state.

Meanwhile, her mind fluxed with vexations uprisen from the lure of the mare's previous words. Had the land she had spoken of been the same that her lover, Azzuen, and Voltaic and had been born in? It would not be entirely surprising, for she had encountered others from the same land here, though it would provide her with an annotation as to why Tares seemed so redolent of familiarity. She obviated bringing up the subject again. She seemed to have figuratively purged the sadness that had afflicted her mind, already, and sought to swiftly reposition their conversation onto more pleasant matters. She happily followed suit.

She had asked about her herd land, beforehand uttering an inquiry about the time she had spent in Helovia. Both ears flicked forward with diligence. "I suppose you could say that. I have been here long enough to consider it my true home and forge a family of my own." She affirmed. It would have been simpler to just say yes, but there were others who had been here longer than Cassiopeia, and she hadn't so much as explored the entirety of the landscape. "As for a herdland, I belong to the Dragon's Throat. I retain the rank of an Informant." She wondered how wise it was to tell her of her rank. It was meant to be mostly secretive, but Tares seemed fairly harmless. Cassiopeia had taken an immediate liking to her.

She regarded her with an expression exemplifying meaningful rumination. "You know, we are always welcoming of new additions. If ever you and Arbutus feel the urge, you are welcome to join our ranks. I am sure Kri, my leader, would welcome you with open wings." A smile bloomed across her ebony kissers. She would be honored to have Tares as a fellow herd member. She might actually be disappointed if she were to choose to decline the proposal, but that wouldn't make a difference to her opinion of her.

Messages In This Thread
Hatching [Tares] - by Random Event - 07-09-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-09-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-10-2012, 12:40 AM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-12-2012, 01:13 AM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-16-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-17-2012, 03:01 AM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-18-2012, 04:19 PM