the Rift

Hatching [Tares]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

My vices are few and far between, but I won't deny the slight spark of pride I feel for my wings. Each time they are pointed out there is a warmth in my breath that I find a comfort, even if now it is simply a reminder of those gone. "The wings are mind to command, yes," I reply with an accommodating nod and an easy tone. "It belonged to an ancient phoenix," I begin, watching Arbutus preen at the mention of his own kind, "...but I received it from my father, Voltaic the Samurai." I speak slightly wistfully, remembering that moment on the beach of the tides when the gift was presented to me. So long ago... I was merely a filly at the time, hiding from my mother's abuse in plain sight. Keeping Lily's secret as she penetrated the Tides' source of information, longing for fleeting contact with my father even as he spent his days ruling over the Islands.

I wonder if I was a bad child- if I deserved what my mother brought my way, or was simply born into tragedy. Arbutus seems to sense the distress brought upon by the memories, and I feel a slight pressure as his head presses the flesh at the base of my neck comfortingly. What good company he's proving to be.

And then everything seems to happen at once, as the pegasus before me offers me a rank within the herd and the way home. My wings extend with hers, and I nod in reply to her remark. "Soldier... It will take getting used to, certainly," I whinny bemusedly to the dark mare as my hoofbeats begin to pound the earth by the heart. Beneath my cleft hooves dying grass crumbles, and at my side Arbutus whistles and wheedles as he catches the warm updrafts of my wings. I don't bother to answer the pegasus now, I simply take flight at her side, sighing with relief as the air lifts me and my aching legs no longer have to hold me up. Broad stretches of fire cut through the air and pull me upward with each downwards beat, and with precision borne of frequent practice, I find myself at Cassiopeia's side and flying towards my new home, a friend and companion at my side.

Messages In This Thread
Hatching [Tares] - by Random Event - 07-09-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-09-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-10-2012, 12:40 AM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-12-2012, 01:13 AM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-16-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Tares - 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-17-2012, 03:01 AM
RE: Hatching [Tares] - by Cassiopeia - 07-18-2012, 04:19 PM