the Rift

[COMPLETE] fight the flames if you dare [Kri challenge]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
His bite coming in tandem with his hooves, I must have missed it when I first saw him coming after me. The teeth scrape upon my shoulder, leaving little but minor bruises, my shoulders matched for injury now. I ignore the pain, for it is of no great consequence compared to the dull ache in my muscles. I can only imagine how much worse it would be had I not used my own magic to minimize the damage, but there was no time for dwelling on previous problems. The swish of air from wings underneath me are all I feel, aside from the gentle brush of feathers. It was a foolish attack, but just one of many that continued to build up during this fight. I was tired of trying to count all of the mistakes one being can make, and focused instead upon enjoying myself for the last moments of pummeling this stallion. My back hooves colliding with his back, and how I hope it snaps under my strength.

I flew on victorious, freed from the grasp of his flames, my head held high to the sky as I laughed, yet below I hear the whistle of wings. He was not attempting stealth this time, allowing me to listen quite clearly to his movements. I am tired, growing less and less willing to dart about, focusing instead upon the sound of his wingbeats, I prepare for one swift movement. Down, down he comes, and I curve my wings, allowing my body to twist off sideways toward the left, one wide half-arc. I can see quite easily in the corners of my dark eyes his figure as he plunges by, missing me completely. I smirk with tired grace, feeling free for one moment of beautiful clarity. My moment of freedom is soon to be stripped from me, as the heat returns.

I am no new filly to this game, however, and I respond with a bitter laugh as I force the last of my energy toward my magic once more, expelling the air from around me immediately, and soaring upward in altitude to further beat the heat by eating up the oxygen within my muscles. What little effect his magic takes is almost pleasant, warming in the the cold vacuum around my body. And, in a short while, it is over. The darkness which reigns around my eyes wavers as a headache splits my skull, but I have survived two trials of the heat, and I am still flying easily. On tired wings, I begin to glide back down toward the floors of my home, toward my fate.

How I hope my home greets me warmly.

[ WC: 466; closing defense; 2/2.
Buffs: Bulk and Swift. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: fight the flames if you dare [Kri challenge] - by Kri - 02-16-2013, 05:20 PM