the Rift

I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Much to my surprise, I didn’t pass over unscathed. My face contorts into a knowing grimace at how I had underestimated him, shame on me. We shared a half victory, partly because he wasn’t the only one that felt the burn of someone else’s touch. The bitter taste and full force of his foreign musk is starting to sink into my taste buds. I spit, and slap tongue across teeth to be rid of his hair. While also finding out that many slivers will stubbornly remain.

Somewhere amidst flying past his quarters my hooves had collided with flesh, but the joy of landing a blow was tempered by the shock of pain I now felt along my hip. A pair of white hindquarters had found the side most portion of my right thigh left vulnerable, a mistake wasn’t planning on making a second time. As lady luck would have it, his buck narrowly missed my rear hocks because I passed over rather quickly. There was much to be thankful for though…like the fact that his kick had felt blunter rather than sharp. Still, I can’t help but wince a little from the ache one got when struck by a couple hundred pounds of force.

Admiration for this spar grew immensely, I was impressed that he could land a blow with such quick reflex---perhaps this wasn’t going to be as easy as I first thought. He apparently had a mindset worthy of my efforts, and didn’t try to dance around like a buffoon or charge out in blind rage when pushed. This one had a brain. I spun agility as one my size might while midair, forming another plan. As my body rises high, the wind pushed from my wings cause the grass to sway gently below and a bright sun casts a darkened shadow of a proud sky child.

My breathing comes with effort, deeper inhales and controlled exhales. Being close to heaven had its advantages. Unfortunately, thinner air quality wasn’t one them. Gathering myself again when finally turned to face the beaming equine, I lung though the sky desiring nothing more than to wipe that light hearted look from his face. My charge is what some would call a “mock attempt”. Diving for him until our distance very nearly closes, I pull up and land with a heavy ‘thud’ only feet away and with seconds to spare. Little time is left for balance and pulling wings together, but I throw everything that I have into my bunching hindquarters to gain stability.

Using momentum I take aim to ram into his left shoulder. Hopefully I would throw enough of my weight into either his chest or shoulder that his stance to break; perhaps even throw his balance off enough to land a biting attack. Head untucks itself and brings muzzle round to attempt at nipping the left side of his longer neck. Instantly I think about how my teeth would feel with more of that lovely tasting fur caught between. A sarcastic laugh erupted in the backdrop of my brain.

Summary: Flies up, and charges for Arrane again. This time Midas fakes a fly over and lands right ahead of him instead. Attempting to thrust into Arrane and throw him offbalance, also trying to bite at his neck.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar) - by Arrane - 02-15-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar) - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar) - by Arrane - 02-22-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar) - by Midas - 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM