the Rift

Diplomatic Visitation{Kri, Smoke, Indy, open}

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}
{I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to write this like Sol has already told Goss that she has two twin fillies...just because I think it would be cool. If you don't want it, just play it like Goss was nice and said hi, =p}

The first to answer her and Smoke's arrival was one white and black. His appearance tugged a thread in her mind, perhaps she'd seen him at some time in the past. His introduction was kind, and his eyes were friendly. Beside her, she felt Smoke's amusement at her formality and, herself, felt a bit amused, though she didn't let it show. She dipped her head deeply to the stallion and spoke gently, "Thank you, General Azzuen." She liked the male. He was strong and smart and to the point.

The next to arrive were two mares, barely older than fillies, who looked completely different in coloring and who yet looked alike in body. They were, undoubtedly, sisters. The paler of the two though, she reminded her of her Sol when she was younger. Both were beautiful and strong young mares. The one of black and red spoke her name, the word rolling from her velvety lips, and Gossamer knew that she had finally met the firstborn of her daughter and her daughter's mate. A bright smile broke through the formality of her facade then and she gazed warmly upon the two. "Hello Apprentice Warrior Ktulu and, if I am correct, Ophelia" she says turning to the silvery white one. She looks even more happy for a moment, if such a thing is possible. "If you are the foals of Soleil and Paladin then that makes you my grandfoals. You are both the first grandfoals I've met." she finishes in a warm, motherly sort of voice. These two were going to hold a special place in her heart for it seemed as if she would like them.

Her mood is brightened for a bit and, momentarily able to ignore the heat, she mulls over her grandfoals. As she does this Lazulli, who was catching up from a hunt, flies down from the sky to chirrup a hello at them happily before going over to land upon the back of the paler one and snuggle up on her back. Lazulli had always been fond of family members and the foals of his bonded, for little ones were greatly cherished by the dragons. The fact that these two were not so little did not miff him in the least. She smiles at her bonded's warmness and returns her quiet gaze to the two. The darker one seemed to have a darker carriage, but she is fire and strength- she would do greatly in life. The lighter one, dipped in blood, seemed to look a little lonely, but held the sweetness her mother had held at the same age. Both were certainly proud and wonderful specimens and she could not have been any more proud of her little filly at that moment. Soleil had become a wonderful mare and, clearly, an even better mother. But, alas, her reverie was broken by the arrival of Kri to lead them to the center lake. She pulls herself back to her formal self and speaks in a reserved, but warm tone, "Greetings, Lead Kri the Resolute." she finishes with a deep dip of her head.

Once there, the dampened pearl takes a deep gulp of water, sating her thirst for the time being, before looking over to the proud leader. Around her, the others seem to be settling in as well as a horse can in this wretched heat. She begins in a strong, but kind and warm voice, "Thank you for offering us your water and relief in this heat." Gossamer turns then to her purpose, speaking more formally, but her voice never losing its kind lilt, " I would not wish to take up more of your time than is needed so I shall move straight to the purpose of this visit. Smoke and I have come here today to discuss the possibility of a direct alliance or treaty because, while we are united by our friend Mirage, we haven't yet really discussed anything directly. I would like to apologize for my poor choice of words upon our first meeting and promise you that I shall try my very hardest to choose better ones this time." she finishes with a smile. The ending tone being somewhat lighter than the rest. It was certainly not a joke, but just a bit to try and loosen up the meeting a little. She really hoped the strong lead mare would accept to negotiate something for an alliance would be good, just as good as patching things up with the mare from their first meeting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diplomatic Visitation{Kri, Smoke, Indy, open} - by Gossamer - 07-18-2012, 06:30 PM