the Rift

Time with the Cold [Duch\Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
He seemed to be a wall against my words and it took my breath away. Finally I reluctantly looked away and accepted his strange form of approval and I was glad that I was able to let go of the air I had been holding onto since beginning our journey to the Edge. Whether or not he would justify my reasons for allowing him to follow me was not something that I could determine now but at least he wasn’t openly defying me. Maybe there was more to him than I knew and I was choosing to selfishly look the other way. I looked back to him, apologetic for my outburst. I was not one to understand difficulty or tolerate defiance, but I was willing to admit when I was wrong, especially when I had been quick to jump the handle.

The Edge was upon us now and I released a greedy sigh. Her face was a delight to my heart and her arms were a constant source of warmth for my soul. I was home and I didn’t care if the brute behind me would ever call it such, just as long as he swore an oath to protect my family or leave if he could not. I turned to him now, unsure if I should say much of anything after such an insult to his character. I knew that I needed to amend the damage I’d done so I paused until he had come close to my shoulder. “We are a family here… all of us. I hope that you will find everything to your liking… brother. Welcome home.” I looked into those bottomless eyes and hoped to find some trace of life, some indicator that he saw a change in his life standing tall before him. The dusk was casting glittering purple light across the wake of mist as it parted beneath our feet and even the trees seemed to stare down upon us in jubilation.

This was it; this was the magic that had compelled me to find comfort in the Edge, in my family.

However, as we moved into the land, focusing on its core where I would offer him shelter for the night, I noticed a small shadow dance across our path. Mirage looked well after out spar and I was more than glad to share company with her. After all, I had wanted her approval of the brute at my side. I knew that I needed to overlook my vein tendencies to pick through the stallions of The Threshold because I held standards of godliness high above their heads. I couldn’t expect them to be perfect by any means. Everyone had to start somewhere didn’t they? I nodded to Mirage as she stepped forward to greet the lad. I was quiet in her presence, instead choosing to allow her to comb through his qualities on her own. She was perfectly capable of forming her own opinions and I hoped that this boy would prove me wrong.

Maybe he was worth more than I thought, maybe he would put my doubts to rest and revive morale for our ranks. One at a time, I would help to see us live again.

Messages In This Thread
Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Thor - 02-15-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Dúchanar - 02-16-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Dúchanar - 02-19-2013, 07:15 AM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Dúchanar - 03-06-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Mirage - 02-16-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Thor - 02-18-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Mirage - 02-25-2013, 12:04 AM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Thor - 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Mirage - 03-06-2013, 06:44 AM
RE: Time with the Cold [Duch\Open] - by Thor - 03-08-2013, 11:48 PM