the Rift

Smoke Signals | Open

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

"Vesta," I breathe the name out into the air, a smile following it sharply. I could tell that the mare was having difficulty remaining standing, but she still had the proper manners to show respect for me. It was almost laughable that I should be treated as such. I remember, in my old home, how many times I had been called a nosey brat by my elders. Now, however, I had started to become accustomed to wearing a crown, despite the fact that I am not well suited for such a lofty position. I am, have always been, a warrior at heart. Diplomacy still finds no home in my chest, though I will protect those I swear fealty to with my life. Maybe this made me somewhat suitable to lead, for I viewed each life as worthy of my protection, so long as they were loyal to my family, this herd.

I smile as Gaucho attempts to say my daughter's name, almost breaking into a laugh. I knew that the gruff warrior was far from fluent in speech, at least the small encounters we have had together, but he seemed to have trouble with what most considered an easy name. Two syllables, easy sounds, nothing challenging. Unless, of course, you were Gaucho. I look to the warrior warmly. "Gaucho," I say, addressing him firmly. "Look after our new sister while I fetch her some help." Looking to Note, I give him a curt nod. "You too. Keep them out of trouble." Spoken like a middle-aged woman to her kids. What have I become?

With that, I turn tail and launch myself in the air, a gust of wind traveling from seemingly nowhere to lift me as I rise, soaring onward toward the Oasis. My daughter was thankfully a predictable creature when it came to these things. Either she was out gathering plants or she would be by the pool of water, likely singing to that inane bird who makes too much racket.
""

[ Kri out. Onni will be sliding by sometime during this next round of posts~ ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Smoke Signals | Open - by Gaucho - 02-17-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Smoke Signals | Open - by Note - 02-17-2013, 04:07 AM
RE: Smoke Signals | Open - by Note - 02-18-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: Smoke Signals | Open - by Gaucho - 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: Smoke Signals | Open - by Vesta - 02-17-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Smoke Signals | Open - by Kri - 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: Smoke Signals | Open - by Gaucho - 02-18-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: Smoke Signals | Open - by Vesta - 02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
RE: Smoke Signals | Open - by Kri - 03-16-2013, 11:31 AM