the Rift

broken pieces [birthing; Thor, open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I had seen beauty in my life, so much so that sometimes it was hard to distinguish. But that day, I believe that I had seen the most beautiful thing ever to grace this earth. Her eyes were the color of white lilies and her coat was the color of earth. She was perfect in every way and I was certain that her mother thought the same. I had decided to let go of my selfish pain and look into my future with the two most beautiful creatures in Helovia. I had been convinced that there was something amiss between us, Tamira and I, and I cared immensely for her. But I would not force my affections upon her should she not wish it. We had come together to create this wonderful child and I was determined to focus my attentions on her instead of dwelling over my own insecurities. However, when Tamira reached up to stroke my skin with her own velvety muzzle, I felt as if I was experiencing true euphoria.

Essetia moved closer to me, clearly frightened by my size in spite of her curiosity. She fussed around my toes for a bit before running back into her mother’s shadow, easily finding comfort there as I knew she would. I lowered my head to peer into her face as she gazed back at me, testing out her vocals in such a way that I found myself laughing before I called for her to come closer. She remained at her mother’s hip and while I was mildly disappointed, I knew that one day she would recognize me for what I was- her father.

I looked at Tamira, who glistened with sweat from her efforts and smile into her wide eyes. She was still just as glorious as she had been the day we first met. It had been in these very woods that I had come across her and perhaps that is why she had ran here in her moment of need. Maybe she found comfort in the shade of the oaks and tall pines. Whatever it was, I could not blame her for her choice in location. This was her time just as much as it was Essetia’s and I was bound to my duty as a loving father and mate to honor her decisions. I smiled at her now, a playful thing that would not be given explanation, at least not today. I wondered about Myriad and what she would have to say about the filly when she returned. I knew that she would not be pleased when it came to caring for Essetia when she found her way into the present but I was determined to keep her at bay until my daughter was old enough to understand.

It would only be a matter of time before she came out to play and I was going to make damn sure that it wouldn’t be in the company of my daughter… if ever again. I looked into Tamira’s face, sensing her similar fears. “Her mother is just as strong you know.” Life had quickly spiraled from one path to the next and while we both needed to make sacrifices, I was more than ready to accept my newfound responsibility.

Messages In This Thread
broken pieces [birthing; Thor, open] - by Tamira - 02-18-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: broken pieces [birthing; Thor, open] - by Thor - 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM