the Rift

Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

So tired. I was tired. Walking slowly across the lush meadow with my head hanging, my belly followed my movements and swayed with each step I took. The foal should arrive at any moment now, because I don't think it could get bigger than this.
I looked fat. Blergh. A sigh left my black lips and I stopped, observing my surroundings. Where had Azzaron gone? Hadn't he been following me from the Foothills?
'Meh, he'll find me...', I thought, and lied down. If I knew Helovia right, I was right between the Edge and the Foothills right now. The Steppe was in the north and the rest of the Thistle Meadow in the south. I was in perfect position for a rest.
The sky was starting to light up, as the sun was slowly rising from the horizon. Colors like purple, pink and baby blue painted the sky and erased the stars, one by one. It was a beautiful morning, the grass was still wet from the night's rain and made it glitter with all it's little water drops.
It was hot in the air, but not so hot that you wouldn't be able to breathe. It was a perfect temperature this morning.

Or, maybe not such a safe place. Wolves. Bears. Foxes. My blue pools for eyes searched the area again, but I saw no threats to me and my baby. A smile slowly appeared on my lips. My baby...
Carefully I nudged my belly, feeling the foal move inside me. It moved a bit too much though. I flicked back one ear, nudging my belly again. Again, the foal moved.
"Baby... Are you okay in there?" I knew that it couldn't respond with words, but by moving even more I started to worry. It hadn't moved this much before.

"Baby?"

Suddenly, the pain struck me, dancing on every nerve in my body. What the fuck? I got up on all four again and stared at my belly. Pain.
My knees almost gave up, but I held onto my strength and forced myself to stand up. What was happening?
"Baby, why are you.. ARGH!" My sentence broke into a painful moan and I fell down in the grass again. So. Much. Pain.
It was unbearable, forcing me to lie down. I lied my head in the lush bed of summer-grass and tried to breathe normally.
Why all this pain so suddenly?!
My coat was shiny from the sweat and I moaned again, feeling a pressure starting.
What the actual buck was happening?! The pain slowly began to disappear and I rose my head up in the air, taking a few calm breaths. What was...

DAMMIT!
Not again!

My aching nerves forced me to lie down my head and I felt the pressure getting harder. Drops of sweat rolled down my coat, making stripes of wet fur on it's way to the ground.
I didn't want this. I didn't want pain. Again my body forced me to tighten my muscles to resist the pain and something changed.
Something really changed.

I realized that it was time.

With this thought in my head, I started to tighten my muscles every time my body told me so. I knew how to do this, it was knowledge that every mare's body had and followed.

After a while of working hard with a now aching body, I felt the pressure faint and the pain as well. Something slipped out of me - still with some difficulties - and it was gone. My belly felt empty, my body sweaty and aching, my eyes filled with tears.
I did it.
With a tired and slow movement, I raised my head and looked at my hind. Something lied behind me in the grass. My baby...
I didn't even think of what I did when I got up from the ground and turned around, licking the slime out of my baby's nostrils, mouth and eyes.
My baby was beautiful.

The body was covered in a black coat, even though I saw a vague tint of purple, and on the rump and shoulder I saw red markings. Stars?
They glittered in the rays of the sun, and I smiled wide. My beautiful baby... The mane and tail - so fluffy - were colored in a creamy color, with the tips painted in bloody red.
I glanced at my baby's hind, seeing that it was a filly. A daughter. Wait... My gaze observed the youngling's body and I let out a gasp.
She had wings.
And a horn.
'Oh my Gods...'

Her wings were the same color as her coat, except the outside of them. They had the same red markings as the one's on her rump and shoulder. And her horn.. It was almost invisible, but the light from the twilight made it clear for me to see.
My daughter was still beautiful and I saw how her eyelids flickered. Awakening.
She opened up her eyes and looked at me, curious and a loving sparkle in her eyes. They were colored red, like her father's, but a blue streak interrupted the red in both.
My daughter was... Stunning.
"Welcome to the world, Destry," I smiled and I lowered my head to kiss her on her muzzle that was reaching for mine.

My daughter had arrived.

"Talking."

ooc: Holy moly that's a long post >.>
word count: 888

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Psyche - 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Mauja - 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Psyche - 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Mauja - 02-26-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-26-2013, 05:35 PM