the Rift

Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

I'm proud now, learning that this little filly was my daughter. I... I was a father. Pride welled in my heart, but only lasted a moment before blasting out of the roof as I watched the small, dark filly stumble towards her mother. I lift the corners of my mouth into a happy smile, unable to contain myself. I watch as the filly nurses for the first time, her long, skinny legs made her body look awkwardly disproportionate. Everything seems perfect at the moment, although Delinne seems very tired. I don't blame her. Squeezing a child out of your stomach must be very tiring and painful. I give her a delicate kiss before noticing the dark mare and spotted stallion striding towards us. Instantly my joy and pride are shattered like a piece of fragile glass falling against hard rock.

I first take notice of the mare. She's got feathers in her mane, and... teeth? I stare, surprised. But these weren't just any teeth, they were horse teeth. I didn't want to know if those were bird feathers or pegasus feathers. Instead I focus on her appearance. A slender, muscular mare with a dark coat blanketing her body. She has these unforgiving amber eyes, and a cruel, twisted horn atop her head. The stallion at her side is white, black speckles splotched all over his body. Icy cold blue eyes seem to show no emotion whatsoever, or, was that a hint of happiness? Probably not. An icy horn sits atop his large head, proving he was a unicorn. I stare for a moment before hearing the stallion's words.

At first, I think he's friendly from the way he says Delinne's name in a pleasurable tone. He seems a bit shocked to see Destry and I beside Delinne. Did Delinne know him? I flick my ears back, wondering for a moment before the stallions' next words slip out, fast as a striking snake. He spoke with rage, but his venomous words were directed at Delinne and not me. I flick my pale gold ears back, gluing them to my skull. He was one of them. I had encountered a few before, racist unicorns. They seemed to hate hornless horses, when all they were were needle heads. They thought they were better than us without horns.

I keep my ears stuck to my skull as I stare at the speckled unicorn with fiery eyes. "Do you have a problem with Delinne and I being together? Do you have a problem with our child?" I wrap my wing tighter around Delinne, making sure neither of the unicorns moved towards us. I flinch as the spotted stallion steps closer, and I instantly step forward slightly, keeping my wing over Delinne's back.

My lip curls begins to curl before I force myself to calm down. "I'm sure Delinne knows what I've done. I've provided her with something she thought she'd never have. A child of her own and someone who loves her." I step closer to Delinne, my voice booming out with both pride and stubbornness. Playing with fire isn't he? I glance at the spotted stallion with red orbs, making sure he didn't come any closer than he already was. If he or the other mare dared to take another step I wold burn them to ash.

I would protect my newborn child and my mate with all my life, even if I do die in the process.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: Protective little Azz <3

word count: 574

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Psyche - 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Mauja - 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Delinne - 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Psyche - 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Mauja - 02-26-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open - by Azzaron - 02-26-2013, 05:35 PM