the Rift

Trickster in the Ice [Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia needed to clear her head. The only place she knew that could offer her solace in this time of internal conflict was the Frostbreath Steppe. Cloven hooves settled in the snow, a permanent and pristine fixture in the north, and she exhaled. Tension, almost visible moved out of her body in the frosty cloud, and a smile tugged at her gray lips. She closed her strange, dual colored eyes and then continued forward, her thick, white and crimson tail trailing behind her. The mountains in the distance now served as the shrine at which she worshiped though the Sun God was no longer the object of her prayers. Instead, she chose logic and rationality, history, calculable, quantifiable fact.

Tinek flew quietly above, dancing in the billowing wind. Stress and uncertainty fell off of her body like cascading weights, and her steps freed. An errant though, not of her own making, entered into her mind. Keen, crimson dragon eyes spied something in the distance, glowing in the ice, and she furrowed her brows. Many times had Ophelia traversed these plains of snow and never once had she seen anything glowing.

The young mare picked up a brisk trot, the loose and supple gait carrying her deeper into the mountains until the glowing was right in front of her eyes. She watched as the ice began to crack, taking a few steps backward. Ophelia watched warily as the light would be freed, not knowing its origins or intentions. A song however, draws her near, akin to the howling of the winds, harmonizing with the elements of ice and breeze. Auroras danced across the sky, stars sparkling brightly, but the light suddenly spread rapidly beneath the snow and ice, glowing. A halo of blue outlined her figure, and she looked beneath her cloven hooves in awe.

Never would she forget this beauty. A rift. A rift like the one in her dreams. A cracking in the earth like the one that swallowed Mauja whole and cast him from her mind roughly began to form on the ice. And she leapt to the side, gritting her teeth, hating not knowing. She braces her bones against muscle, using Tinek's eyes to see for her from above until the sound of cracking and music pauses. Ears turn with shocking speed as a cry resounds. Her compassionate heart throbs in unison with the echoes, and she needs no incentive to run. Alabaster pinions churn with a lengthy stride, chasing the location of the cry. The desire to know ate at her, and with every step, the ache for an answer grew.

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Trickster in the Ice [Ophelia] - by Random Event - 02-19-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Trickster in the Ice [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 02-20-2013, 09:40 PM