the Rift

Down With the Enterprise [Ophelia, Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia could not deny that he was handsome, but she would never stand between lovers. Just as she had rendered herself invisible on the beach that day, watching Osiris and the silver pegasus, the mare would forever forgo the nature of her own heart to the love of others. However, the simple appreciation of the stallion's nature was not nearly as dramatic as her past. For as strange as her eyes were, she could not deny that there was a kinship between them in that area. The orbs that set in his sockets reminded her of a snake, yellowish gold with slits the widened.

He introduced himself as Xanthos, and she dipped her head in acknowledgement, feeling her gut churn as she spoke of Romani. Guilt. Guilt plagued her, but she was torn. Ophelia knew that she was doing right by her family and their needs, but at what price? How much longer could she turn the other cheek to the damage that would lay in their wake? As he continued to speak, words following a deep breath, she grimaced. The dangers of this choice may haunt her steps. Romani was very pregnant, most likely due at any point. Even if she took time to recover, Ophelia knew that the strong and bold mare could easily return to fight them for the Foothills. Could she take Xanthos at his word?

The alabaster mare shifted uncomfortably on her cloven hooves, frowning slightly. She winced when he asked please. A torn expression crossed her features, and she carefully met his gaze. "You understand my predicament. If Romani foals and chooses to fight, I would feel... not only responsible for her but for my herd as well." Ophelia snorted a little, turned her gaze away. "I... If you can promise me that you two will remain out of the invasion, then I will gladly release her into your care. Never was it my intention to separate families - only to protect and properly provide for mine."

Ophelia finally nodded. "All right. Go. She is no longer under my protection."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Down With the Enterprise [Ophelia, Open] - by Ophelia - 02-25-2013, 09:42 PM