the Rift

a fragile line [ktulu, grey]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.

"I suppose you hope to save your own skin by appeasing us," Ktulu said bluntly, and the shadow-mare raised her brows, repressing the urge to smile. She may not have known the numbers of the Grey, but she did know her own numbers, which were admittedly rather large. From what she had seen, her herd rivaled even the Throat, and they had been known to be the largest prior to the formation of the Basin, hadn't they? Well, it would be silly of them to attack one of the largest herds, wouldn't it? But before she had a chance to reply, Ophelia was speaking once more. For a moment, the jackal mused at just how different the two sisters were; what had differed in their upbringing that they had turned out so differently? Or was it simply the masks they chose to wear, just like her neutral, innocent gaze was a facade?

The pale mare continued Ktulu's statement by declaring an avoidance of the Basin lands (not that the Dark Empress trusted her word, not now, not when they were so clearly brewing up a storm), though she took her time to praise its beauty. She felt the now-familiar surge of pride in her land and her herd, and as always it was accompanied by a brief moment of wonder at how far they had come - how far she had come. Once she would not have considered treating with the two sisters before her, obviously hybrids, obviously her tainted nieces. Once, she might have decided to attack one side or the other simply because she could. And yet here she stood, one hind leg cocked in a relaxed posture, taking insults from the dark one while the light one played at politics.

Ophelia admitted to an impending invasion readily enough, and the Lady's mind raced through the possibilities. Of course, it made perfect sense that the Grey would invade - they were obviously growing, and the Deep Forest was no home for a herd. But who? She doubted that they would risk battling the Basin or the Throat, for surely they did not have that many members. And what of the Edge? She had heard little from them in the seasons since they had ousted the unicorns from their home. She made a mental note to ask Faelene about their recent actions, and the thought sparks a memory. Hadn't she said that the Foothills' leadership was in disarray?

She eyed the twins, cocking her head to the side, a thoughtful expression on her face. It really made no matter where they attacked, so long as it was not the Basin. Regardless, her mission was the same. "Well, darling, I've come to offer guards. Call it a peace offering, if you will. My soldiers will guard your prisoners, and your fighters will be free to invade at will." She smiled. "I'm not asking for anything in return, mind - but it's a win-win situation, my dears. I will take your prisoners off your hooves, you won't have to worry about them, and you'll be free to settle into your new home without a second thought."

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Psyche - 02-20-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Ktulu - 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Phaedra - 02-20-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Ophelia - 02-21-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Lakota - 02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Ktulu - 02-21-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Naberius - 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Ophelia - 02-25-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: a fragile line [ktulu, grey] - by Psyche - 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM