the Rift

Hidden Diamond

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

Entranced by the words that still flowed from her companion's lips, Sulwyn found herself staring. Snapping her gaze to the lumpy form of a decaying log, the grulla bobbed her head in agreement to everything the foreigner said; regardless of their meaning. It shocked her, how she was reacting to the vixen's voice and not admiring the sheer beauty of her architecture, nor noticing the flashes of pain that shone periodically in those blue orbs of hers. She had crossed a boundary that she had never managed to meet before, and now she found herself fumbling to get out of it. Her hooves, once so full of energy, now stood stock-still, and her friendly, open stance collapsed, hunching her shoulders and dampening her mood. The illusion that she had been so successful in creating for herself had been stripped away, all because of one look that lasted too long. It was like the light inside of the sun-branded equine had been stamped out, and put to rest.

Turning a tentative gaze towards the exotic mare, a trail of quiet words pushed past her maw.

"Yes, our realm is a peaceful one." Lifting her head a few more inches, convinced that she could control herself from invading the other's privacy, the silver fae continued, "The Edge is governed by Mirage the Dragonheart, who looks after the herd like a fair leader should."

The small mare licked her lips subconsciously, thinking about what she wanted to say to next, and thought about her own first encounter in the Threshold. Thor had been kind and gentle, but he had also been bold; he wasn't submissive and wounded like the way she was acting. He had informed her of the ways of the land and welcomed her to join him, but it was his confidence that had really invited her to have a conversation with him. She felt sick with the way she had reacted to staring at the dappled femme, and wondered what her friend would say if he found her in such a state.

Probably something along the lines of, "When I brought you to our home, I brought the charming and talkative Sulwyn. Not this intimidated shell of the bold mare I saw before, she thought bitterly.

Escaping from her thoughts, Sulwyn poked her muzzle skywards in an aggressive flick of her head and chimed, "My home is a place that cannot be described, I'm sorry to say. There are mists that shroud the land that only our Seer can read, and there are waters that lap at the foot of our cliffs even in the night. Even in saying these things I am not doing it justice." Her golden eyes sparked with a determination that they had been robbed of earlier when she said, "And I am sure that you will like it once you have laid your eyes on it yourself."
{I don't know what to say DX I started to ramble on for a while about nothing of importance, and then I had no idea what she was supposed to tell Zariya. ;_; Just ignore all the failure, and I'll work on something much more appropriate in our next post.}

Messages In This Thread
Hidden Diamond - by Zariya - 02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Hidden Diamond - by Sulwyn - 02-20-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: Hidden Diamond - by Zariya - 02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Hidden Diamond - by Sulwyn - 02-26-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Hidden Diamond - by Zariya - 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Hidden Diamond - by Sulwyn - 03-09-2013, 04:35 PM