the Rift

[JUDGED] !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

The world faded to gray again.

There was no flesh between his teeth, nothing to hold on to as the chaotic world spun around him; he was free-falling through a shrieking darkness, urged on by the chill erupting in his veins, and barely felt the black hair ripping through his teeth. The moments until his frosted hooves touched the solid ground seemed endless, and once they were down it felt like his spirit plunged five feet deeper before ricocheting back where it belonged. He blinked in the darkness, gaze snapping to his monuments of ice; the tip of one was lined in something dark, and his heart beat triumphantly. With jagged steps Mauja drew himself forward, dwarfed by his own creations — she, the kind donor of blood, stood upon the other side, apparently disinterested in coming around to continue their little dance.

What a pity; she had been a good partner, and the wolf inside wanted to taste more of her flesh, to find the answer to the question of how bodies broke, but it seemed that he would be left in the dark for a little longer. She could probably outrun him in the forest.

Stopping beside his spikes, Mauja raised his elegant head towards the sky, his dark muzzle smudged with red as he brushed it against the cold, blooded tip. It was sharp with frost against his sensitive skin, and with a sigh he released the magic. Shattering, the spikes fell to the floor, bursting into a million pieces before sinking back into the earth; the veil between them was torn, and Mauja peered oddly at her through the darkness, but made no move towards her.

[ closing defense, 279 words. ]

Actually, you could've attacked again, as the first to attack (in this case, mee! :3) always get a closing defense, to react to the attacks made in the last round of actual fighting. :) But yes, once the closing defense of a spar/challenge has been posted, you're supposed to change the prefix to "JUDGE".
And, as for editing posts, you only get penalized if you edit after your opponent have replied to them. I think editing to change the prefix in the first post is exempt from this rule, though. :)

As far as her glass hooves go, the line "Perhaps I would get a nice shot, even if the sharp edges couldn't quite cut anything upon his frame." from your previous post had me thinking that you were saying they wouldn't, but I admit I wasn't all sure of it. xD I recommend adding it to her profile, in the appearance section, because I checked to see if it said something of their design. It won't hurt to elaborate on it, or discuss things like, is the glass super hard and rarely breaks? Or does it break sometime, but grow out again? etc. When things aren't "normal" it's best to have it described in the profile, as it's the place I'd look for information on how to handle it. :3

And yeah, I'm thinking that continuity may be the reason the post was better, as this one was too! Cleaner writing, better flow and all that jazz. :)

As for spinning away, I assume she did it on the forehand, but it wouldn't have hurt to write if you went left or right - nor did it really hurt not to in this case, but if it had been the middle of the fight and I had maybe wanted to follow my attack up with stabbing towards your thigh, I would've appreciated to know which direction you went. :3 Sound reaction, however, and there's nothing at all wrong with how you handled the spikes! I'm not sure they would've blocked your way back entirely, but ah well, was the end of the fight anyway! ^^

Good job!
I think you write good posts, as these last two showed your true caliber, and overall you made sense, I think you just need to "learn the fight lingo" and I'm sure with another spar or two, you'll have "fight writing" down! :3
I hope this spar/teaching made sense and helped you understand them more. ^-^ If you have any further questions, just aaask. :D
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
!! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Seele - 02-20-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Mauja - 02-26-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Seele - 05-23-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Mauja - 05-27-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Seele - 05-29-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Mauja - 06-01-2013, 07:03 AM
RE: !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Seele - 06-03-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Mauja - 06-04-2013, 06:05 AM
RE: !! LadyKiller [OOC || Mauja] - by Official - 06-15-2013, 06:06 PM