the Rift

p.t.s.d [open]

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Skysong

When you hear the familiar whinny of Father, you freeze. The water calms around you as you hold your head high, spindly legs splayed comically, auds pricked. And all of a sudden, you are racing down the beach toward him, excited to see him. You don't see him enough, and your mind is too young to realize how important his rank is to protecting your safety. Perhaps you will resent him, at some point, for being away; but for now, all you know is that Father is here, you are happy to see him, and you are going to take advantage of the situation. Running through the sand is tricky, and you understand why Mother calls for you to slow down. By then, though, you have already arrived at father's feet.

He is wearing something very odd on his head, and you prance around him in circles, half-rearing, your curiosity getting the better of you. You look around for Mother, and there she is, coming swiftly toward the pair of you. You gaze at Father with bi-colored, worshipful eyes, and I can tell that you think he is simply the most wonderful being in existence. Of course you love Mother, but it is Father that you truly want to please. Your gaze returns to him and that odd, spotted thing balanced on his nape, and as Mother arrives, you realize that the thing is alive. Scampering backwards, you trip and land hard on your rear end, scramble to your feet, and run to hide beneath Mother.

Peering up at Father, you wuffle softly, take a few steps forward, curiosity still burning in you. Then, fear strikes again as you squeal and back up hurriedly, using Mother as a shield. You can't seem to decide if the thing on Father's head will hurt you or not, but after a few moments, I can see the wheels turning in your mind. Well, it's not hurting Father, you might reason. So why would it hurt me? I doubt you think in so many words - no, you are still too young for that! - but I can tell that you think it all the same.

"Talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
p.t.s.d [open] - by Sohalia - 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Skysong - 02-21-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Note - 02-21-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Note - 02-28-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Note - 03-22-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Note - 03-26-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Sohalia - 02-28-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Skysong - 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Sohalia - 03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Skysong - 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM