the Rift

p.t.s.d [open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

[OOC | Skip Skysong. She's just running around playing with Sabel. xD]

The kitten pounces from Note's nose and scrambles through the sand, slipping and sliding this way and that. I am vaguely concerned, for a moment, and I wonder if I should call Sabel off, ask Note to bring her back. After all, the young cat has claws, and more likely than not does not quite know how to use them. But I trust him, and therefore his companion, and so long as they stay within my sight, I will not panic. After all, I have already lost one daughter - what would it matter to lose the other? Horror enters my mind as soon as the thought forms, and I am ashamed, for what kind of mother am I to care so little about the fate of my daughter? And, after all, to say that I do not care for her fate, that I would stand by idly and watch her die, well, that is clearly a lie. I would protect her with my dying breath... and yet...

Emerald orbs catch and hold my own bi-colored eyes. The smile that he sends me seems almost forced, as though he is holding the facade for me. As though he is afraid to let it slip. His muzzle brushed mine, and the familiar warmth is a bit slow to flood my veins, as though something between us is the slightest bit off. He doesn't seem to know what to say, and my gaze finds the ground as I stand in a brooding silence, my momentary amusement gone. My emotions are so fleeting, so easily changed. And I cannot help but blame him, and them, all of them who treat me like glass, as though one wrong word will cause me to shatter. Not that I'm doing much to change that view.

"I've missed you," he says softly, too quickly, and I wonder if he even means it. Anger bubbles up in me, and I bite my tongue against the accusations threatening to pass my lips. Do you? I wonder. Or is it just what you say to the grieving mother? Something to say to make up for the fact that you're not here? I am glad that my gaze has remained on the ground, for I am sure that my momentary fury would show in my eyes. Even without this, though, my pause is too long, my hesitation too marked, and I know that he will pick up on it. Doesn't he always? And he always fixes my hurts... or he always did. Can he still?

"Skysong is growing," I say finally, my voice harsher than I intend it to be, almost accusatory. I swallow the sudden lump in my throat, then soldier on. "She doesn't really know you. She knows you're her father. She idolizes the ground you walk on. But she doesn't know you." I pause. "I know that you have duties, that you're busy, but can't you... can't you just... take some time, make some time for her. She needs you. I need you."

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
p.t.s.d [open] - by Sohalia - 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Skysong - 02-21-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Note - 02-21-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Note - 02-28-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Note - 03-22-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Note - 03-26-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Sohalia - 02-28-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Skysong - 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Sohalia - 03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Skysong - 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: p.t.s.d [open] - by Sohalia - 03-26-2013, 06:10 PM