the Rift

.Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open)

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Ru</style>

soft to the touch.</style>

Hurt look was missed by the young strawberry filly, eyes taking in the form of the one who had embraced her uniqueness, called her beautiful when she could hardly stand her own reflection. Meeting such a wonderful person, bold ideas were starting to form in her young mind. They were tentative little seeds, but when she was in adolescence she would surely sprout into an unstoppable mare who would not cower behind her beautiful twin. What if she went exploring more often? Would she find others like Tingal? They were dangerous ideas, or at least seemed so to the filly, as Raeden seemed convinced that she would never brave a path of her own. Those would be trials for later months, and even later years. For now, Tingal's warm smile was enough to make her glow, splotchy blazed face that resembled her fathers turning skyward towards his massive frame.

However her small episode of joy was brutally shattered by an angry hissing from behind her, and tiny tulip ears of pale pink drooped pitifully. Being called Hotaru was rare from her sister. Usually it was 'Ru'. From Phaedra? It was normal for her full name to be used, and Auntie Kota usually called her Taru or any nickname laced with affection, much as she did with creative ones for Raeden. It was nearly as bad as being called by her other name, a type of middle name reserved for only when she was in trouble (which was never, unless she willingly took the blame for her twin, which was often), Kokoa. Raeden knew she hated it, hated the meaning of it. 'Love of the heart'. Hotaru didn't feel very lovable, and didn't like the sound of the name at all, as it was used to tell her she had done something wrong. "I-I..." All bravery vanished under her sister's anger, submission almost an instant reaction to any form of dominance. Tingal, on the other hand, did not handle her so lightly.

Hotaru watched in wide-eyed shock as he advanced on her twin. She was half awed, half horrified. Deep inside she knew the kind stallion would never actually hurt her, but Hotaru had never seen Raeden be put in her place, or reprimanded at all! A more ingrained part of her instinctively told her to protect Raeden, for that was her job, her sole purpose. So, tiny legs moved her forward, conflict showing clearly on her soft face. "Sh-she didn't mean to, Tingal. It's my fault. I should have told her about you." Already she automatically shouldered the blame, sending a desperate plea for forgiveness that she didn't actually need from her sister. It was easier to just let Rae be right, and Ru had stopped thinking that maybe she wasn't. Tingal turned and met her halfway, and dichromatic eyes blinked at him in surprise when he guessed their mother's name immediately. "D-Do you know Mommy?" That was great! If so, would Phaedra approve of them being friends? His apology, perhaps, surprised her even more, both eyes going wide behind a small curtain of pale locks. Why was he apologizing to her? "I'm not mad, Tingal," she assured with a soft smile, one that wavered sadly when his posture dropped so visibly. Moving forward she brushed her tiny half-white muzzle against the bottom part of his shoulder, the highest she could reach when fully stretched. It was a wordless movement that told him that she didn't mind, that she still loved him dearly and didn't want to see him so dejected. Once she was sure the message had gotten across, she turned to Raeden. "This is Tingal, he's my friend. He can make trees move!" Maybe the prospect of magic would entice Rae to turn a blind eye to his reprimands? Ru desperately wanted her to like him, as he was so precious to her budding ideas. He was helping to encourage her, develop her into a person she would someday in the future actually like being.

<333

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
.Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Hotaru - 02-21-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Raeden - 02-21-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Hotaru - 02-21-2013, 11:33 PM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Raeden - 02-21-2013, 11:46 PM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Hotaru - 02-22-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Raeden - 02-22-2013, 10:04 AM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Hotaru - 02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Raeden - 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Hotaru - 03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: .Moon and Star. (Raeden, Open) - by Raeden - 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM