the Rift

The sword and the shield. [Warriors]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I return to my home with lighter shoulders. The wind carries me swiftly, my magic driving it forward faster and faster still, the whistle of my wings whirring in my ears as my form eats up the distance between the forest and this desert floor, my eyes narrowed as the air scratches by, stealing the tears that leak from the blue orbs in a desperate attempt to keep up with my pace. I am in a race to get back, but it is more for the freedom of feeling my agile body in motion that I am going so fast. Well, and I could not wait to tell everyone the news that Tio would find an army harder to buy in an unfamiliar land when your target is much older than you. I have connections, and he has nothing but an ass for a head.

When I see the pool of crimson at the floor as I race, I begin to lower my altitude, wings still catching the air and making a hum from my speed, a whistle which groans in the air as I laugh, twirling downward and slowly decreasing the pressure of the wind at my back, settling in for a series of rolls as I fall toward the desert floor, a smile on my face and my eyes bright. I even myself out, preparing my body to land, my pace still fast but my legs catching the shock and running with it, hooves cracking upon the ground and my body rolling to keep balanced. I let out a whinny, my eyes close and my voice following soon after. "Warriors of the Throat, assemble before me," I call, a command for their ears.

I had made a deal with Ophelia to keep them safe from the claws of experienced fighters, but it was not free. However, the kin which I call upon now have their own decision to make. They could come and fight beside me, or they could stay. The beauty of this deal was that they had a choice to risk their life and limb, whereas facing Tio would leave them with no other option but to wage heavy war, and there would be no mercy found. Still, the last thing I wanted was to leave my home undefended, so even if all were willing, I would only be arriving on the battlefield with the Grey with a handful of soldiers, leaving my home in the capable hands of Sumati and under the watch of my daughter.

The warrior disguised as a healer. She had told me of her training with Voltaic, and I trusted she would not let this home sink into the ground in my absence.

[ Other herd members may come if they wish, but all soliders/sergeants/generals should show. ]

credits

Messages In This Thread
The sword and the shield. [Warriors] - by Kri - 02-22-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: The sword and the shield. [Warriors] - by Kri - 02-24-2013, 12:07 AM