the Rift

The sword and the shield. [Warriors]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

Almost immediately, a massive chocolate form bedecked with a crown of horns comes into my view, and I dip a head politely to him. Gaucho. Before others have the opportunity to come, I give the newer member of my herd a warm smile. I had heard much of Gaucho since his entry into the Dragon's Throat, and it was easy to say that his actions spoke louder than the crude tones which he produced. "Gaucho," I say, my voice masculine but welcoming as he comes to stand closer, slate gaze falling upon my face expectantly. "I am glad you are so dependable." My lips end in a tug of a smirk, extending a strange humor toward the stallion but straying as my eyes fall upon the second arrival.

Midas. My dark eyes grow sympathetic immediately, knowing of his affection for the dark swathed General who would not be joining us in the sands today. Much to my relief, his face greets me with a light expression, one that is not bathed in sadness or remorse. I am glad that on this day, his grief will not close his eyes and heart to my words. I offer him a greeting nod as well, even as he falls in beside Gaucho. There was a dichotomy of heights between the two that almost made me laugh, would it not be present should I be standing next to the horn wearing brute.

The fiery maned Hector comes into view next, and I find it quite amusing that his hulking form resembles much like Gaucho, only more flaring with his vibrant tendrils and protruding horns. The chocolate giants mixed in with Midas and me, short of stature but not short in the ways of our hearts. The one thing that connected my warriors large and small was the beating of our chests, the passion we felt for protection, and the comradery that took place between us. "Hector," I greet with a simple toss of my neck, eyes already catching on the familiar blue figure of my sergeant.

I tug my lips in a smile as she speaks, clearing my throat of the dry heat from the desert before I begin.

"I have spoken with the leader of the outcast band known as the Grey," I say, my tone serious but calm, not filled with the worry as it had been during our last meeting. "Ophelia has agreed to decline any offer of Tio's, so long as we come to her call for a battle." I smile, my face warm and cheerful. "I will not ask any of you to fight against your will, but I will be asking for a few soldiers to aid our temporary allies in their conquest. After all, we have to have some remain behind to defend this land as well, should anyone think us an easy target while we are busy fighting a war."

[ Aud has already volunteered Gaucho, so I will only be taking 2 more to fight in the Grey invasion. o: First come, first serve. Posting order out the window. ]

credits

Messages In This Thread
The sword and the shield. [Warriors] - by Kri - 02-22-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: The sword and the shield. [Warriors] - by Kri - 02-24-2013, 12:07 AM