the Rift

Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

There had been a matter hanging over Tor like a malicious, oppressive black cloud, flickering with lightning that occasionally jerked her into near-tears and made her want to go fleeing from the Edge, from Destrier, from her loved twins and flying to the Forest she had once called home, in order to find the mare who had crushed her. Ophelia. The alabaster mare she still cared for, even after their bitter words and sharp arguments. It had been several months since she had seen her creamy coat and crimson and ice eyes. Tor missed her, missed her with an aching heart, a hole in it of friendship that could not be fulfilled by love of her children and family.

It nagged at her like an itch she could not reach, until she could not withstand it any longer. She told Destrier she would be loving, for a few days anyway, and nuzzled her children goodbye, before taking off swiftly, not even sure if she was part of the Edge still. If she wasn't, could she join the Gray again? No. While she owed Ophelia an explanation, she owed her family ever more. Destrier's love was worth more than anyone else's, she told herself, and it meant more than anything she had experienced before. It was pure and strong, special, sweet and relaxed. She loved him. She couldn't leave him, not ever, not in a hundred years or more. Not in infinite.

Tor woke bright and early to the singing of the birds, after resting upon the edge of the forest dark and deep and twisted, filled with endless shadows. It was an overcast day, the clouds silver and soft, shadowed gray, rounded around the edges and thick and never-ending. A light rain fell, dampening the earth, just slightly moist, not too cold nor too warm, just... there. Her coat, whitened out to a pure shade of milk, had pearl raindrops slipping down, and her feathers clung to her neck, clinging stubbornly to her hooves.

There was the muffled thump of her hooves was the only sound in the shadowed forest as she entered, eyes adjusting slowly to the dim lighting. For many minutes she wandered, calling softly for the white mare. Sighing, she stopped, swishing her dripping wet tail. "Ophelia, please! I need to talk to you! You deserve an explanation. I've had twins! I have a lover! They're in the Edge, I can't just leave them. They need me, and I can't go back on my promise to the Edge, I don't know what I'm doing anymore." And she didn't. She had made a right mess of her life with owing allegiances and alliances and promises.

Besides, if she did back out of the Edge, what would she turn into but an oath-breaker? Who would even take her? "Ophelia... I'll come back. I'll stay with you. I can't bear losing your friendship."

TOR
just because i trust everyone does not mean i'm a fool.

slime-stock | Burtn | Tay-Studios
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Tor - 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Ophelia - 02-25-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Tor - 02-26-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Ophelia - 03-02-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Ktulu - 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Apollo - 03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Archibald - 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Tor - 03-03-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open] - by Ophelia - 03-04-2013, 07:07 PM