the Rift

missed connections. [dingo]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

Although I had never had a negative encounter with wolves before, it was merely instinct that kept my muscles tense and ready to bolt away, or fight, if it was necessary. The canines seemed satisfied enough with their latest capture, though, that I supposed I shouldn't be reacting like this. Deep down, I felt like a complete imbecile standing here, making awkward, petty conversation with the towering hybrid. This was a situation I had never planned to get myself into, and as uncomfortable as I was, I wouldn't simply walk away.

The wolven equine looked to his scaly counterpart and spoke, to which I suddenly felt a flutter within my chest. Was he calling me the idiot? While I didn't truly blame either for thinking I was such, why would either be jealous? Before the worry could take too tight a hold on me and seep through the surface, however, I watched as the dragon frowned and turned away from the other stallion, giving an indignant huff. A part of me wishes to know more of their silent communication, for it is ever fascinating, but I put my curiosities aside for now.

When his company agrees that turning around usually helps to find one's way back home, my lips tug back and I chuckle softly. Perhaps if I were younger, I would have been offended by the statement, but I had grown wiser since those years. I speak nothing in response to him, however, and instead tune in as he states his own name. Osiris of the Grey. I had heard of the Grey's recent overtaking of the Foothills, and wondered briefly if Osiris had partaken in the battle that had undoubtedly occurred. He tells me the names of each wolf, to which I cast my gaze to decipher who is who, before looking back to my company and his dragon, Comadre.

"It is good to meet you, Osiris of the Grey," I say with a smirk, before shifting my focus somewhat. As strangely kind as this fellow seemed to be, I did not want to hold him up from time with his wolven family, for I was unsure if he would be joining them in their festivities or not. Even if I sounded silly for asking, it was best to get my question out of the way. "Osiris," I begin again, exhaling softly as I finally force the words from my throat, "I do not wish to keep you from your family any longer, but might I ask a favor of you?" There is a pause, long enough for the hybrid to give a suitable answer before I continue on. "The Sun God has bestowed upon me a task, that I must gather a scale from three separate dragons. Do you think that you," I pause again, lifting my bister gaze to the small dragon still perched upon the stallion's back, "Or Comadre... Could aide me in my quest?"

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
missed connections. [dingo] - by Osiris - 02-22-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Destrier - 02-24-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Osiris - 03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Destrier - 03-31-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Osiris - 04-06-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Destrier - 04-14-2013, 02:05 AM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Osiris - 06-13-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: missed connections. [dingo] - by Destrier - 06-17-2013, 08:46 PM