the Rift

Time to Breathe

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

I can hear your cries of p a i n

It's strange how adults behave towards one another.

The fae thought that these two grown horses before her were closer than she expected, and was surprised that the blood bay stallion knew her name. Pausing, the fae didn't have time to respond immediately for the white filly that was older than her spoke. Waiting until her last words slipped out the filly began to speak. "Restlessness does not only touch the older horses, sir." The fae comments, her dual colored eyes glancing at the metal dog and the white filly as they walked away.

Now this was awkward.

Silence shielded the filly from the others, and she admired the small pup that hung around the blood bay's legs. In the bay filly's eyes, a pup like that would be a lovely companion. Making a mental note, the filly decided she too wanted one of those animals. Then the mare spoke, her choice of words a little puzzling to the fae. "Conceiving..?" The fae was too young to understand things like that, but she still tried to figure out what that one word meant. To the filly, it sounded very much like hiding something, but as she placed the pieces together she realized what it may mean. Especially when it was used in that context. "Well, I'm sorry, ma'am." The word ma'am was a little harsher than the filly wished, but she continued. "I suppose there is no reason for me to be hanging around with you adults." Turning away, the filly begins to walk. She keeps up her pace for a few moments before beginning to gallop towards her home. The Basin. The place she had been born, and the place she would always live.

Of course, she still didn't really understand what 'conceiving' meant. The fae wrapped her mind around that one word, trying to figure out what it really meant. Although hiding was a good meaning, it didn't sound right. The way the cremello mare had used it. Conceiving a child. Creating a child? Becoming pregnant with a child? The thoughts whirled through the child's head before she pushed it away, deciding that one word did not matter. She headed for her home, leaving those adults to 'conceive' a child. Whatever that meant.

I suppose it didn't matter.

[[Frost exits. ;) ]]

Image credit: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/blue-sn...-271259410

Messages In This Thread
Time to Breathe - by d'Artagnan - 02-23-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Time to Breathe - by Kou - 02-23-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Time to Breathe - by Snö - 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Time to Breathe - by Frost Fyre - 02-23-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Time to Breathe - by d'Artagnan - 03-05-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Time to Breathe - by Kou - 03-05-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Time to Breathe - by Snö - 03-06-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: Time to Breathe - by Frost Fyre - 03-06-2013, 07:43 PM