the Rift

[complete] Cheap Thrills [Sumati]

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Hit.

The bone protruding from his hip, though cushioned with muscle and fat sank into the deep of my chest. Little vibrations of shock and spasm created pain in the wake of my brain. His back half wavered under me, giving to the pressure of my velocity. Though Thoroughbred, he was still graced with a slight bulk that overpowered my lightness and brought me down with him. A skillful punch of my wings on the air saved my body, but not my legs; they grazed the gemstone gravel, hissing much like a snake before latching its jaws to its kill. The stone shards scraped away pale hairs, and ripped tiny punctures out, cutting slender slices in my forelegs. Beads of blood bubbled to the surface, only a drop or less lost, but the scrape sizzled as the humid raft of wind took to my wings, saving me from a true tumble.

I rise in the sky, following the line of misty clouds. Despite my speed, they are a whirlpool in the sky, raging past my own wing flaps building upon themselves, caring me a good ways before I fought them. My tawny-tipped wings could keep me occupied long enough to keep my fierce, hazel gaze on the glittering floors of the Heart. But my eyes did not see him. He was already up in the air, rising beside me, a black demon approaching so fast that gravity had no time to grab the dents of his pasterns and pull him back down. Murdock, I saw from the last bat of a stinging eye, shoved his body at mine, reaching for my right ribcage, falling backwards like a reckless samurai. I pulled myself into action, the beats of my wings reacted instinctively as the surprise attack bought me no time to think. My huge body shied in the sky, jolting left with a fearsome slap of my wings, and as the flap carried me upwards, the tips of his onyx hooves mashed into the sensitive abs that were immediately tense just by my own reaction. Pain electrocuted me and sent me further left, gaining enough bend to balance myself right. I was out of breath, but the turn I made out at my left gave me just enough time to inhale.

My belly throbbed on each wingbeat. I’d already been scraped up and bruised as he’d just been taken off balance. I needed desperately to give him some of his own scars to remember me by. Pale wings lapped eagerly in the misty haze of new rain. We needed to get out of this storm before the lightning decided to caress its fingers on our hearts. It brewed, and I could feel it booming behind much like the fire in my soul. This was only a spar, and as much as I wanted to claim victorious on this day, I wished to the God of the Sun that we wouldn’t be wasted.

My eyes darted to him, hanging there in the sky, waiting for my next maneuver but that was all it took. They narrowed into slants as my enormous body rocketed down at him, anger finding a passageway to my actions. I bared my teeth now as I neared, my jaw dropping ajar waiting to plant a nasty bite on the left side of his neck. I was slightly above him, and it gave me just enough room to throw my mass into his shoulder while my teeth were paying attention to his crest. I dove, feeling the rush sizzle in my brain, heat escaping out on the tobiano line of flesh in the form of sweat. I was ready, and my jaws snap closed as my body was in attempt to knock the shorter, slightly bulkier black stallion on his butt. I hoped I was angled far down enough to be successful because my next attack should rightfully be mine on the ground.

ooc; 654 words -- 2/3

SUMATI</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
[complete] Cheap Thrills [Sumati] - by Murdock - 02-24-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: Cheap Thrills [Sumati] - by Sumati - 02-24-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Cheap Thrills [Sumati] - by Murdock - 02-25-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Cheap Thrills [Sumati] - by Sumati - 03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Cheap Thrills [Sumati] - by Murdock - 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: Cheap Thrills [Sumati] - by Sumati - 03-16-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Cheap Thrills [Sumati] - by Murdock - 03-17-2013, 04:34 PM