the Rift

let me hear you [invasion round one]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

It had been almost a year since his last march into war. He remembered it like it was yesterday, and he had relived the horrors of battle time and time again in his dreams. He had fought alongside his family members, the other warriors who he had trained with and regarded as brothers. Was today really so different? He looked around himself, his gaze settling on the other members of The Grey and those who would help them to invade the Foothills. He had been a part of their ranks for such a short time, yet already he felt as though he could call them family. He had never imagined battle would find him so soon, and he was both excited and reluctant to be amidst the fray once more.

They travelled under a veil of darkness, the moon lighting their path as they made their way north toward the Foothills. Their footsteps were muffled as they passed through the tall grass, a gentle breath of wind brushing along their faces and playing in their hair. Murdock kept his eyes trained on his leader, watching her every move as he walked alongside the others. He felt secure under her lead, placing all his trust in her as she led them to battle. He had found a strong leader once more and he was eager to serve his new family and prove himself a capable warrior.

Every time they stopped for a rest, Murdock found himself growing impatient and eager. Painful memories of past experiences flooded his mind, and he recalled the last battle he had fought before his capture. He remembered looking back at his mother one last time, unaware that it would be the last time he ever saw her. How could something as trivial as a simple disagreement lead to such bloodshed and loss? But this time it was different. This time, they were fighting for a home, a place to call their own. Their cause was worthy and he would devote every ounce of his being to their purpose.

They began to move again as the pale blush of sunrise bled into the sky, streaking into the heavens from the horizon-line as dawn approached. They were growing quickly closer to the Foothill’s border, the steady beat of footfalls sounding like the rhythm of a war-drum. They halted a final time as the distant scent of snow reached them on the wind, the sun at their backs to the east as they faced the place that would become their home. Rolling hills of green stretched out before them, the land sloping up to form grey mountains that reached up into the brightening sky. It was different from the sharp cliffs and snow covered treetops that he was used to, but it was beautiful nonetheless.

He watched intently as Ktulu stepped out in front of her warriors, turning to face them as the time for battle grew near. Excitement gripped him as he watched her, clear words ringing out across the field and filling his heart with courage. The light of the rising sun fell upon her like a spotlight as she made her speech, adrenaline pulsing through his body as she walked along the lines, looking each and every one of her warriors in the eye. This time, he would not fall to the enemy; this time he would be coming home again. They could win this, he knew they could.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ktulu - 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Murdock - 02-24-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Kri - 02-25-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Verenia Rinta - 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM