the Rift

let me hear you [invasion round one]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

It was time.

Never in all of his days had Apollo thought he would take part in something so brutal, so profound and dangerous… He had always been the cautious one, someone who thought intently before acting, weighing the pros and cons of every situation… And yet here, he was, following the Grey into battle as they marched as one towards the Foothills.

He had left the Deep Forest with a heavy heart, having grown rather fond of the thicket of trees that he had become to call home. Where he once feared the twisting, dancing shadows that lived within the archaic trees, the black and white stallion had soon learned that shadows were nothing to be feared. He had grown in-tune with his home, and those around it, and even though he was sad to be leaving it behind… It was for the betterment of the Grey. Their family had grown far too big, too large to be accommodated by the giving forest home, and it was time to move on.

Apollo had remained silent since leaving the woods, missing Phaedra’s company immensely. The earthly Pegasus had been cursed by the Moon Goddess, he knew that much, and despite that, he still loved her, even though her looks weren’t near as stunning as before. She had given him a gentle kiss farewell and a few muttered words of good luck, and as the Grey approached the Foothills, the words she whispered replayed over and over in his head, like a mantra to help build his confidence.

Staying in the rear of the group, honeyed eyes watching everyone else that had assembled, the stallion inhaled a deep breath and then let it out slowly, allowing his tail to sway. Despite the apprehension he felt, the unicorn kept his head poised high, horn pointed outwards. When they arrived at the borders of the Foothills and Ktulu called for them to halt, he did so without question.

His gentle eyes, orbs that were not meant for war or bloodshed, watched the ebony mare as she spoke, emotion and power rattling her vocals. His ears twitched and his heart swelled; they were lucky to have a leader like Ktulu, ready to lead them into battle, and die for them just as quickly. Even though he was far from warrior-material, Apollo couldn’t help but feel energized by the Constrictor’s speech. As he had promised to Phaedra, once upon a time, he would die for the Grey if they so asked it. Yet now, he had progressed to the Medic of the Grey, and he was there for any of his brother’s or sister’s should they need his abilities. Mentally, he thanked the pale stag who had bestowed the gift of healing upon him, for now… Apollo was certain that they would need it.

The Grey had become his family, and he would do his best not to let them down. All they had to do now was wait for the members of the Foothills to show.

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Messages In This Thread
let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ktulu - 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Apollo - 02-24-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Kri - 02-25-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Verenia Rinta - 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM