the Rift

let me hear you [invasion round one]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
War was on our horizon. But it was not a war that had to include ourselves—no it was for the sake of others, much like the pack we made with our sisters now living in the Edge. A few of our ranks would swell the bulk of another group, a group that held a closer position to my heart.

Ktulu.

She would be among them, the Grey, leading soldiers to a new home by robbing strangers of their security. I felt no small amount of remorse for what was about to happen; this emotion had been felt during the last invasion. Though our intention was bittersweet, because I knew that only the strongest could survive in this world, and only with the help of brethren; those that struck out alone often lost their life or spirit in the process survival.

Ktulu’s family needed a new home, or they would face starvation, disease, and countless threats. Safety was the very reason why we fought to protect territories, it was the reason our kind banded together.

We flew through the night for them, sleek and powerful against the starlit sky. Four warriors, tested and ready for battle. There was one other Pegasus that came to mind, yet he remained absent from us. Though my moral eyes couldn’t see him, I felt that he drew near. Azzuen. My fallen brother, my role model; I pleaded to the heavens as we went along with silent whispers. “Give me strength to lead as you once did, and courage to pass onto others.” Honestly, I didn’t know if he could hear me, but it was nice to pretend that somewhere—he was watching over us, and today my intention was to make him proud.

Finally, the field came into sight, but instead of joining the others who appeared to be approaching from the east. Kri lead us silently around, into the trees--until we were facing northeast of were the battle would be taking place. Pumping strongly, and landing as quietly as a Pegasus could land. I did as the others and tested my weight against that of a live oak branch, finding it accepting of presented bulk I lowered slowly. It groaned softly in rejection but proved capable of holding firm.

Turning attention toward the field, I begin my search for a familiar figure that was sure to be front and center of everything. Just as the sun started to rise I saw her and others standing in the distance, their bodies outlined by a rising fire. Silently I prayed again, this time for her safety. It pinched heart to realize that my dear mistress was going to enter the fray, possibly getting hurt or worst....she would bite my forelock to hear such womanly worries.

I was forced to remind a troubled brain that the woman could handle herself.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ktulu - 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Midas - 02-24-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Kri - 02-25-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Verenia Rinta - 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM