the Rift

let me hear you [invasion round one]

Birch Posts: 37
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 84 Months
Adoptable

He wonders if today is the day he will die.

He stands at sunrise, a figure in pink and red. He seems painted- almost ethereal. He is a being drifting in and out of space and time. He looks and feels wrong; he does not belong among the ranks of such passionate creatures as these barebacks and featherkind. In the heat of a Tallsun morning his sunrise coat is splattered with snow. He is a paradox. He is unwelcome. This is omnipresent. This is overpowering.

Though he is nature at its finest, bearing upon his back the sturdy, sienna bark of a birch, the metal boot confines him. He is wild but never free; patient but untamed. He looks formidable in the way a caged bear is still a threat. Dangerous in name only, broken on the inside.

But today he will fight, even if it is not for the same reason anyone else here will. The defenders will do what they can to hold onto their land, and the Grey will fight to obtain. Birch will fight to kill. Kill to the point of no recognition- to bash in heads until there is no expression left, only one last whisper before the end comes. He feels he must decide whether it is his own life or another's that leaves this world.

Until he remembers this is not his choice. No death is his choice, no life is his purpose. He exists simply at the whim of some higher power. He could have died in the Steppe. He could have died in the Threshold. He could have died on the journey to Helovia.

And had he stayed behind to fight, he could have died in his father's stead.

But these are all inconsequential things. Things that did not and will not happen. Whatever the future holds, that is what he concerns himself with. And as he approaches, remaining at the back line, lurking in the shadow of Archibald's (Fuck the brute, powerful as he was) left flank, he lets the understanding of a complete lack of control wash over him.

Que sera fucking ra.

[[ WC:354 || MU: 0/4 || INJ: None || SUM: Birch stands behind and slightly to the left of Archibald. || N: May the best herd win! ]]

Birch.   </style>

Messages In This Thread
let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ktulu - 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Kri - 02-25-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Birch - 02-25-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Verenia Rinta - 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM