the Rift

let me hear you [invasion round one]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel had not said a word since they took off in formation at midnight.

Lost in her own thoughts, the mare remained sullen and silent even as they descended into a grove of trees to wait for the Grey's command. She trusted Kri, she really did. And she wanted to help her herd by volunteering for this fight. But as they flew, doubt had begun to worm it's way into her mind. What glory was there in taking the home of an innocent group of horses? What honor in ousting foals and elders? What justice in destroying a herd that didn't deserve it?

Even Java, her loyal companion, had been unable to elicit a response from her. The night flight had enthralled the nocturnal creature, and he rode clinging to her mane with his nose in the breeze. But when his excited squeaks hadn't prompted a smile or a kind word from his bonded, and he caught snatches of the turmoil she felt, he lapsed into a confused silence, peering at his bonded, who wouldn't meet his gaze, with concerned eyes.

Now, she walked over to a nearby tree with a low-hanging branch, and lifted her head high so that her nose brushed the bark, allowing Java to clamber up her face to the branch, where he hung from his foot claws and frowned at her. "It'll be all right." she said, trying to reassure the baby bat. "Just...stay here." She accompanied her words with a mental command as well, hoping he would get the message. Java gave her a look, but wrapped his wings around his body and stayed where he was.

Aryel turned her attention back to Kri as the brown mare spoke. Despite knowing better than to do so in front of her superiors, she scoffed quietly, making a silent pledge not to take a life today. Enemies? Where were these enemies? All she saw was a herd trying to defend itself. It was ironic, really. When you thought about it, they weren't so different from the invaders Tio promised to send upon their own herdland. She looked away from the Commander, her expression bitter, yet thankfully difficult to see in the pale, early morning light. Damn coming back with pride in her heart. The next few hours were going to be bloody, unpleasant work that she didn't want to remember. Ever.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
There is no honor in thievery.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ktulu - 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Kri - 02-25-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Verenia Rinta - 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Aryel - 02-25-2013, 06:20 PM