the Rift

let me hear you [invasion round one]

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable
[Image: locket.png]

LOCKET

The peacefulness of the Foothills was soon about to come to an end, the haven Locket had sought for a quiet life after years of travelling was about to come crashing in around his alabaster ears. The warrior had to admit though, it was about time he got up and did something. Their enemies voices came in waves across the land of rolling hills and blue skies, a statement of war or an opportunity to retreat. Locket wondered just how many would retreat, he wouldn't blame them if they did, even as the little panda horse danced to the site of battle he could tell by the scents that there were many of them. Still, the rank Locket held would not allow him to retreat, there were innocents here that needed protecting. Children who didn't deserve their home destroyed. He wasn't sure if they could win this battle, but he wasn't about to turn a tail and runaway before blood had been spilt. Locket could only pray that if they were defeated and truly routed that their enemies would have mercy on those unable to fight.

Adorned in masses of curly hair, the lithe warrior arrived on the calm field, squinting into the sunrise before gaping at their odds of victory. Poor. Too few had showed and those who had Locket did not know if they had the experience to defeat such an army that now knocked on their gates. He looked around for those he knew, not even their Leader had shown, it seemed that so far the King of Thieves really had been all talk. Nor was their Mason in attendance. Too few, way too few. Locket would have to put his faith in their strength as individuals. Swallowing any fear that may have plagued him, Locket stepped through their ranks and to the front of the Foothills army. He realized quite suddenly that he was the only one who held rank, and if/until Jackal arrived, he himself would have to stand as a figure head.

Silently he faced Ktulu and Ophelia, sadness in his eyes as he wondered how on earth this had happened. He listened to the screams of defiance from his comrades with a nod, at least they had the spirit to fight if nothing else. Many wars he had seen in his past as a lonely traveller, but never had he been apart of one, only a spectator as he watched them descend upon each other in their own versions of righteous. "'ocket, warrior. My job is to protect the innocent, wise or unwise. The Foothi's wi' stand unti' defeated." His voice was laced in remorse, but he was firm in his words and held an honourable respect for his enemy.

A brief glance was offered to Archibald, who he had sparred with once and learnt a great deal from. He wished he didn't have to fight his former Chief now, so much admiration he had for him as he nodded in respect to the Dauntless. Surely he must know, that Locket couldn't run from a battle. Even one with these odds.

[w/c :: 510
Locket stands at the front of the Foothills army.]

flowcomm@flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Messages In This Thread
let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ktulu - 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Kri - 02-25-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Verenia Rinta - 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: let me hear you [invasion round one] - by Locket - 02-27-2013, 06:45 AM