the Rift

Though Darkness Lays [Open]

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're only North Star I would follow this far...

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

Tharos stopped in his tracks as he heard the insults thrown at his back and twisted his neck around to face the group over his shoulder. He flicked his white tail against his grullo hock and snorted at the group through sun-kissed nostrils. His silver eyes blinked once as he nodded once, understanding that they feel like they can't do anything because of allies fighting against allies down on the battlefield and that it was difficult to choose which side to take. "I know very well what it's like ter lose a home ter war 'cause ya don' know who ter fight with, or what tah do. I know also that in them sitooayshuns it's better ter stand with the hosses ya' sleep around rather than yer friends from across that there border. That's what herd loyalty is all about, sirs and madam. If'n a hoss ain't got that ta count on, I reckon he ain't got nothin worth livin' for.

"Better ta fight fer the land an fer them little 'uns an for them what can't rear up and fight fer themselves. I mean, frien'ships all fine and dandy, but nothin' beats the companyunship of a herd, right? If you ain't gonna stand up and figh' fer the hosses what trusted you, then who're you to call yerself a hoss?" Tharos asked, his wisdom reaching through the heavy accent of his tone. The truth was that Tharos had indeed felt something similar to what these horses were feeling. That lost emotion that came from watching horses you trusted attacking and fighting with the horses you grew up with, and not knowing what to do, or who to side with. It had been a point in Tharos's life he had never wanted to relive, and he wasn't about to let the horses below go through with it if there was anything he could do to help.

In the time that Tharos had talked, only a few horses had gathered with the will to fight and it was as Aaron had said, not one of them looked ready to charge into battle, nor did he see a leader among them, one who carried him/herself with dignity. He realized the battle was about to start for the sun had dawned and he turned to recommence his trotting. "Stay here, or come with me, the choice is yours. Be warned though, if you remain up on this hill, you will not be welcome in the foothills territory again, I can assure you that. Aside from Nadira. You stay here. A battle is no place for one as delicate in appearance as you... no offense." With that final note, he broke into a canter and was out of earshot before long.

Nadira, played by S3ilver
Mirage, played by Whit
Aaron, played by Emily
Xanthos, played by Dingo
Not staying around for Mirage's reply. Sorry Whit. Tharos needs to go. Fast. xD

Messages In This Thread
Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Xanthos - 02-24-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Aaron - 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Mirage - 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Nadira - 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Tharos - 02-28-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: Though Darkness Lays [Open] - by Xanthos - 02-28-2013, 06:27 PM