the Rift

But for the Grace of God [Birthing Thread, Open!]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani couldn’t help but chuckle at Xan’s flattering words. They were past the point of courting; their love was here, before them, in the form of a beautiful new filly… There was no need for flattery now to woo her heart, not when the handsome grullo stallion already had it. Then, her thoughts turned to the name that he had provided, ears twitching slightly as her eyes turned from the golden orbs o her lover, and instead locked on the frail, dainty form of their newborn daughter.

… Jasiri. Yes, that would work perfectly. A smile pulled at the mare’s lips, broad and full of loving adoration for her new family, and she nodded slightly. Extending her neck so that she could lip at the filly’s tuft of a forelock, the Haflinger spoke.

“Our little Jasiri… Welcome to the world.” It was the perfect name for their daughter. Looking at Jasiri, taking in her every aspect, Romani knew that the golden princess stood for a lot more than simply their love. She was their struggle personified. So much had tried tearing she and Xanthos apart; the Plague, the Gods, her loss of memories, the Grey… So much, and yet they had prevailed. Now, nestled between them and forever loved, was the product of that love and determination. She simply couldn’t get over it.

With that same, loving smile upon her lips, the ex-Foothills mare watched with soft, azure eyes as Jasiri pushed herself to attempt to stand, a determined little scowl marring against her muzzle. Another chortle left the bulky mare’s lips, for truly, their daughter was adorable. The sheer will of determination that crossed her face was one that she had probably made a thousand of times before.

Romani’s head snapped to attention when she realized that they weren’t alone, movements slightly lethargic due to the exhaustion that came from childbirth. What she saw surprised her. A young filly, no more than two months of age, had graced them with her presence. She was a cute thing, almost entirely black save a few white markings, and she looked at them with a profound since of understanding for the situation. It was like she knew, those brown eyes staring at them with such intensity that seemed far too old for her years… Romani offered the ebony filly a gentle smile, to let her know it was alright if she approached. Perhaps seeing this filly standing would cause Jasiri to fight to get to her feet? Perhaps, even, they could be friends…?

Another joined them, and Romani held the golden gaze of the leader of the Edge for a few moments, trying to chose what words she could possibly say. The Haflinger knew that she was welcome in the Edge, the Weyrleader had said so herself when they had first met, but… Would she be welcomed into the herd, to join the ranks of the World’s Edge? With the Grey attacking the Foothills, and should they succeed, then there wasn’t any way she could return to her homeland… Was there?

“Lady Mirage,” Romani greeted softly, exhaustion clear in her wavering voice, “You’re welcome to come closer, if you so wish.” The palomino’s azure eyes shifted to the ebony filly and nodded towards her, as well. “And so are you, little one… Don’t be shy.” Looking back to Mirage, Romani’s previously joyous expression turned somewhat uncertain.

“Mirage… I ask a huge favor of you. As I’m sure you know, the Foothills is being overtaken by the Grey. I was recently freed from their imprisonment by Xanthos,” here, she glanced gratefully at her mate, pure love for him shining in the depths of her eyes, “I feel as though now, I have no place there… So I ask to join you and your family on the Edge. I offer my services of Warrior to your ranks, if you should let me and accept me. And, of course, Jasiri here.”

[ooc: Sorry for the wait, guys! <3]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
RE: But for the Grace of God [Birthing Thread, Open!] - by Romani - 03-02-2013, 05:19 PM