But for the Grace of God [Birthing Thread, Open!]

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

J A S I R I
the little queen thinks she can do anything, be anything

Dearest Romani, Xanthos, Azel and Kasai

"Mmh." I puffed that day, stick-like legs drawing in under me. Again I fell, legs folding gracefully, but landing with an un-ladylike thump. It wasn't fair that I didn't get to stand! Ma did, and Pa; but not me! I focused strictly on my gangly legs, grunting slightly as I tried to heave myself up, wobbling on my stilts; and I fell over with another grunt. Still I tried, hind legs going up first in a silly maneuver, rump wiggling, tail flicking back and forth, back and forth- and my forelegs straightened. This time, I squealed in joy and surprise as I balanced precariously- stumbling closer to ma.

I turned my head, nostrils twitching, and my eyes widened in surprise as I saw another like me, but even taller and fluffier. How strange, I thought to myself, stumbling a little closer. Yet as I began to turn, my legs gave out again, sending me flying onto my little fuzzy chin. I snorted, terribly annoyed about my legs- how dare they give out on me- and tried to get up again, rump wiggling and long, lanky legs forming up firmly below. This time, instead of trying to go towards the black filly, I turned, making my rambling, clumsy way to ma, seeking out the warm milk that I instinctively knew would come.

When I finished my nursing, I turn again, legs growing stronger by the minute. This time, I make my ragged way towards da, at the last moment nearly falling at his feet. I squeal a furious challenge, staring down at my hooves, and lean against the silver body, squinting at the black mare who had appeared. Who was she? Not ma and not da. "Muh," I declare, and to this day I cannot recall exactly what I meant by that.

Love,
Jasiri

Messages In This Thread
RE: But for the Grace of God [Birthing Thread, Open!] - by Jasiri - 03-03-2013, 07:57 PM